Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL)

+9
ianski
rak1sta
eggy_reyes
dbanker
aln
badtoy
steel pulse
chualie
yoogix
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL) Empty What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL)

Post  yoogix Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm

I like using Shell V-power for the following reasons/observations:
Pros
1. consumption is more efficient at 9-10km/L.
2. engine operates with less noise (silent).
3. I don't know if this is just psychological but I feel more pulling power even with light footing on the gas pedal.
Cons
Expensive.

I don't like the following fuel due to the following reasions (in comparison to the fuel i like above).

Shell Super Unleaded. (used this thrice for experimental reason, mas mura kasi sya Smile)
1. poor fuel consumption, mabilis maubos parang hangin, 7km/L.
2. engine is rev-happy with this fuel.
3. i need to step harder on the gas pedal to get the acceleration/pull I want.

Petron XCS.
1. poor fuel consumption, mabilis din maubos, no figures on FC yet, just loaded last 2 days ago since walang available na gasolina sa shell better living last saturday. But compared to my benchmark above, i should hit 50km on the odometer when the fuel guage stick hits the first quarter line. I ran only 12km when the stick hits that line.
2. engine is rev-happy as well.
3. engine sound is noisy, gigil na gigil yung engine hehehe.
4. i need to step harder on the gas pedal to get the accelration/pull I want.

by the way, i am not connected with shell and i am not advertising their v-power po hahaha. Just sharing and curious with other Loopers' experience with the fuel they use with their GLs Smile

I might try Petron Blaze sometime if budget permits, mas mahal naman eto sa vpower ng shell kasi Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL) Empty Re: What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL)

Post  chualie Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am

For me SeaOil extreme 97 octane only, tested ko na to and still using it until now. Lakas ng hatak, smooth ride and economical pa..Me too, I am not connected with seaoil. I just love there extreme 97 octane gas ka presyo lang to ng petron xtra unleaded and shell premium gas na 93 octane lang o mas mura pa. Try Seaoil Mindanao Ave Station cheapest sa lahat ng Gasoline station within the QC area.

Last edited by chualie on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL) Empty Re: What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL)

Post  yoogix Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 am

Yes, i might try other brands aside from the big 3. Nice suggestion with Seaoil. Thank you Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 am

I used to use Shell VPower until it was phased out dito sa Iloilo. After some experiments, I found out that mas malakas ang hatak ng Caltex Gold at Total Protec kaysa Petron XCS and Petron Extra Unleaded. Also, regardless of the brand, pareho ang consumption ng vehicle (average of 12.5 kms/liter sa city-highway driving and 14.5 kms on pure highway).
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 am

is there a big difference if on using the plain unleaded fuel from the higher octane fuel on the GL? coz with our civic FD no noticeable improvements on performance and consumption kapag shell vpower or caltex gold.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm

im using Petron Blaze, medyo hindi ko gusto hatak ng mga me E10 eh. aside sa mahina medyo magaspang ang takbo. kaya medyo mahal eh Blaze ang pinapa-karga ko. ok din nga daw ang Seaoil
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:20 am

Shell unleaded me for a long long time,,, now Petron XCS na... parang next month december- i will go for Caltex gold naman... Calter silver dont like... mahina ang hatak...
still when going home to batangas via slex/startoll--- 15-18 kms /ltr; city driving 9kms/ltr? i dont like my city driving habit... scratch
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:01 am

mid level gasoline lang like XCS / Super Premium / Caltex Gold.

btw, allow me to share this article by Botchi Santos http://business.inquirer.net/money/features/view/20101201-306267/High-octane-high-performance

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 am

thanks eggy! nice read
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm

im trying seaoil's extreme 97, so far so good. smooth ang takbo and mukhang ok ang FC ko (M/T). also, mas mura...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Just out of curiosity, i loaded a full tank of petron blaze with 100 octane tonight on my way to work. Mas smooth sya compared to xcs and regular unleaded. Maybe its physcological pero mas malakas humatak ngayon si livi, mas effortless ang acceleration, done 100 kph at 2000 rpm sa skyway kanina, as compared to xcs na si livi pag 100kph is at 2,300 rpm. Kaso mo nga lang ang mahal, 5 pesos per liter ang difference sa xcs, patay na naman ako kay missis nito pag nag audit ng resibo ng credit card hahahaha Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 am

FC will greatly suffer sir, sa lakas humatak ngayon mas gigil ka sa gas... hehehehe... hindi ko na afford ang gas above 50 petot.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 am

I' ve been using sea oil extreme 97 for more than a year now, and napansin about 2 month ago na medjo mausok sa tailpipe pero tolerable naman.(specially when engine is cold)

On the back of the GL's gasoline cover says unleaded fuel only, I don't even know kung unleaded ang extreme 97 ng seaoil.

Could it be na yung gasoline is the causing this? Kahit kasi katatapos lang ng Tune-up /change oil ay ganun pa din.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 am

@aln, sir actually on my usual daily drive to work and home which is about 28 kilometers, from full tank ang bawas agad is 2 and a half line. But even my wife noticed this morning na halos di gumalaw yung stick from full po.

I think nasa tamang mixture ng detergents and RON ng petron blaze, and its ethanol free. I made some research about Octane or RON last night while at work hehehe Smile from sa mga online sources, so far pareho naman mga content.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/gasoline3.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-stroke_engine

A higher octane rating means your gasoline have higher knocking resistance or eto yung tawagin natin na kumakatok or umuubo yung engine due to pre-mature detonation ng fuel just before the the spark plug ignites them. This may not be problem to our GLs and other cars that have their own computer to adjust automatically their timing based on real-time driving conditions. Most cars if not all, are four-stroke engines:

1. INTAKE stroke: On the intake or induction stroke of the piston , the piston descends from the top of the cylinder to the bottom of the cylinder, reducing the pressure inside the cylinder. A mixture of fuel and air is forced by atmospheric (or greater) pressure into the cylinder through the intake port. The intake valve(s) then close.
2. COMPRESSION stroke: With both intake and exhaust valves closed, the piston returns to the top of the cylinder compressing the fuel-air mixture. This is known as the compression stroke.
3. POWER stroke.: While the piston is close to Top Dead Center, the compressed air–fuel mixture is ignited, usually by a spark plug (for a gasoline or Otto cycle engine) or by the heat and pressure of compression (for a diesel cycle or compression ignition engine). The resulting massive pressure from the combustion of the compressed fuel-air mixture drives the piston back down toward bottom dead center with tremendous force. This is known as the power stroke, which is the main source of the engine's torque and power.
4. EXHAUST stroke.: During the exhaust stroke, the piston once again returns to top dead center while the exhaust valve is open. This action evacuates the products of combustion from the cylinder by pushing the spent fuel-air mixture through the exhaust valve(s).

So ang part dito na nagkakaron ng premature combustion is during the "Compression Stroke". Since heat is directly proportional to pressure, a low octane rating gasoline fuel may ignite to a certain heat range from the pressure generated by the compression.

Usually, ang high octane fuel like from Caltex Gold, Shell V-power and Petron Blaze are designed for engines with high compression ratio, mga turbo charged or slightly modified engine na mas pinaliit yung valve clearance from the piston providing smaller gap in the cylinder during compression stroke that promotes a higher compression ratio resulting to a more violent explosion when the spark plugs ignites the fuel, thus, being translated into a more powerful bore rotation = more horsepower.

Anyway, if stock lang naman mga engines ng GL or ng ibang car natin plus modern cars have the ECU to manage the fuel and air mixture and combustion timing, di naman talaga kailangan ng high octane fuel. As per the manual, we should at least load gasoline with 91 octane rating.

It was just a choice for some to use high octane fuel in order to minimize the possibility of a knock or premature detonation.The way I understand it, lower octane fuel eh mas mabilis masunog, while using higher octane fuel can possibly improve fuel consumption because it gives the engine the optimal combustion rate at any given time.

I am hoping to get a better FC (sana) at kung hindi, yari ako kay missis sa sermon at baka wala pa kong christmas gift sa pasko, ang difference din ng full tank ko is nasa almost 500 petot. lagot ako! waaaaaah!

I hope this information helps. I just learned this last night po, at di kasi ako makatrabaho sa sobrang antok kaya nag research nalang nyahahaha.

Last edited by yoogix on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 am

@chualie, sir share ko lang po. Ganyan din kasi nangyari sa dati kong kotse. Pero i doubt na meron problem yung GL mo, bagong bago pa yan at definitely and nagkakasira lang ng ganyan is yung mga vintage kung tawagin hehehe.

I had a '97 model honda city before (almost 2 years ago) that produces white smoke. Pina-check ko sa shops somewhere here in betterliving. Mga mechanics nila is graduate daw ng automotive engineering ng lycuem. So i had a chat with one of the techs:

First, Pag white smoke daw every morning or kung first start mo ng kotse sa malamig na panahon, its normal. Because water is "inate" to gasoline. meron daw certain amount of water na nasa gasoline na di pwedeng ihiwalay. Overnight during cold weather conditions, this water can accumulate at the tip of the fuel injector, then pag start mo sa umaga, meron ng usok, but eventually mawawala. Or pwede din nagkaroon ng condensation sa loob ng tabutso overnight dahil mainit ang tambutso pag dating natin sa gabi, then malamig ang panahon. pero dapat mawawala din in a few seconds or minutes yung smoke.

Second, pag white smoke at di nawala, there is a possibility daw na merong leak kahit konting konti lang yung radiator coolant na nakakapasok sa engine block, so nagiging water vapor ito pag sinusunog ng engine. Pa check daw agad at tiyak na tiyak maagang masisira ang engine.

Third, pag black smoke naman, result daw ito ng unburned fuel from the inside the cylinder. di na maganda ang ignition ng spark plugs at nagkakaroon na ng slight mis-fire. di nasusunog ng husto yung fuel.

fourth, pag bluish-dark smoke naman, posible daw na merong tagas yung oil seals ng piston head at nakakalusot yung engine oil, sinusunog ngayon ito ng engine kasama ng gasoline, resutling to that color of smoke.

I hope this information helps sir. Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for that info sir. The smoke coming out is color white, check ko naman radiator fluid and d naman nababawasan ang level. I guess moisture nga lang yun, hopefully. I've told my SA about it and sabi nila it's just fine observe ko lang daw pero as of the moment oks pa naman daw.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

lets move this to tech discussions... hindi na kasi offtopic yun mga posts Smile
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL) Empty Best Gasoline

Post  rak1sta Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Mga paps! Tanong ko lang, ano ang experiences nyo sa iba ibang brand ng mga gasolina para sa GL nyo?

Sa akin, i have the best experience with Petron Blaze, and the worst with Shell Fuel Save Unleaded. Razz

Gusto ko rin sana try ang iba pang brands.

rak1sta

Back to top Go down

Post  ianski Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 am

lagi ako shell v-power kasi may shell visa ako, malaki rebate. nag try ako nung long drive ng petron blaze at para nga syang mas responsive. ganun din experience ko sa honda ko dati, mas ok ang petron xcs, kesa sa shell premium.

ianski

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:33 am

Mga sir we have a thread for this topic here's the link:

https://weareloop.forumotion.com/t110-what-is-your-favorite-brand-ng-fuel

I'll be merging this topic to the link above soon. Thanks
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 am

petron XCS for me, the high octane rating helps the car run smooth and mas ramdam yung hatak. ang gaspang ng takbo sa regular unleaded lalo na sa shell.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  real_renz Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm

ginagamit ko seaoil extreme 97. mura pa.
real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

I have been using shell super premium for my GL 1st measurement ko is nasa 10.4km/l ang consumption 2nd full tank is at 8.3km/l although talagang matrapik yung mga nadaanan ko nung 2nd full tank ko. I am now on my 3rd full tank and i think mas maganda takbo ko kasi i reached the halfway mark na nasa 200km na natatakbo ko before nasa 145km and 155km lang siya. BTW nasa 900kms na ang total mileage ko kaya siguro gumaganda na takbo. Very Happy
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  quiescent Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:20 am

Just for sharing;
Data gathered starting Feb 6, 2011 up to August 7, 2011.
Fuel type:
PSU : Petron Super Unleaded (95 Octane)
PB: Petron Blaze ( 100 Octane)
CSP: Caltex Gold ( 97 Octane)
TSP : Total Super Premium ( 95 Octane)

Currently am using TSP as more cheaper than PB for just normal city and mixed hi-way driving. if for long driving ( longer hi-way strecth), PB is more economical.

[img]What is your favorite brand ng fuel? ( Best fuel for your GL) Fuel_t12[/img]

quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 am

@ quiescent, nice table sir. meron din akong data sa mobili phone ko since the time i got my GL kaso either nasira eh nadukot naman kaya nawala yung mga data ko, hehehe...

BTT: i'd say fuel that has a higher octane rating is more economical especially during long trips. yun nga lang mas mahal
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum