Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird noise coming from engine and transmission

2 posters

Go down

Weird noise coming from engine and transmission Empty Weird noise coming from engine and transmission

Post  dreamur Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 am

Hi guys i have a 2 year old GL elegance and For the past few months I have noticed this strange noises coming from -

engine bay: high pitch whinning sound especially after couple of hours driving and the engine is quite hot you can hear it inside the car while driving. I thought it was the aircon but it was still there even after I switched off the aircon it is not consistent though and happened at random intervals i had it checked at mantrade and the technical advisor said it could be the water pump.

Transmission: when I shifted the gear to D there is this grinding sound that I can hear if I roll down my window or open the door I noticed this when I ordered drive-throughs where I need to roll down my window or open the driver side door. Mantrade TA said it is normal when shifting gears from N to D.

Do you agree with the TA or noticed these things. Appreciate your advice.
dreamur
dreamur

Back to top Go down

Weird noise coming from engine and transmission Empty Re: Weird noise coming from engine and transmission

Post  Lydemer Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 pm

dreamur wrote:Hi guys i have a 2 year old GL elegance and For the past few months I have noticed this strange noises coming from -

engine bay: high pitch whinning sound especially after couple of hours driving and the engine is quite hot you can hear it inside the car while driving. I thought it was the aircon but it was still there even after I switched off the aircon it is not consistent though and happened at random intervals i had it checked at mantrade and the technical advisor said it could be the water pump.

Transmission: when I shifted the gear to D there is this grinding sound that I can hear if I roll down my window or open the door I noticed this when I ordered drive-throughs where I need to roll down my window or open the driver side door. Mantrade TA said it is normal when shifting gears from N to D.

Do you agree with the TA or noticed these things. Appreciate your advice.

It could be the idler bearing causing the noise. I suggest before having your unit serviced, ask for a 2nd opinion in other Nissan service centers such as Shaw or QA who have good technicians. If you happen to go to Shaw, look for Benjo who services my unit.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down