Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rain water coming in

2 posters

Go down

rain water coming in Empty rain water coming in

Post  alnepo Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone,
Was surprised when i saw a lot of water in the flooring of reserve tire compartment yesterday, I saw dripping line coming from rubber wheather seal of rear tailgate (bottom part where the lock id located). Does anybody experienced this?
Thanks

alnepo

Back to top Go down

rain water coming in Empty Re: rain water coming in

Post  Lydemer Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 pm

alnepo wrote:Hi Everyone,
Was surprised when i saw a lot of water in the flooring of reserve tire compartment yesterday, I saw dripping line coming from rubber wheather seal of rear tailgate (bottom part where the lock id located). Does anybody experienced this?
Thanks

Hi alnepo, please check the tail gate rubber seal and evaluate if there is a tear somewhere or it is not well fitted. It should overlap the plastic covering in order to ensure a tight seal. The plastic is angled such a way so water is prevented from coming in. If the overlapping is not done, water has a tendency to come in as I experienced before when I was cleaning a spillage wherein I had to remove the plastic covering while retaining the weather strip secured. The water came in even when the tail gate was closed. Hope this helps.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  alnepo Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Lydemer wrote:
alnepo wrote:Hi Everyone,
Thanks

Hi alnepo, please check the tail gate rubber seal and evaluate if there is a tear somewhere or it is not well fitted. It should overlap the plastic covering in order to ensure a tight seal. The plastic is angled such a way so water is prevented from coming in. If the overlapping is not done, water has a tendency to come in as I experienced before when I was cleaning a spillage wherein I had to remove the plastic covering while retaining the weather strip secured. The water came in even when the tail gate was closed. Hope this helps.

Hi Lydemer, thanks for this info will check it out.

alnepo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down