Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SQUEAKING SOUND on the driver seat

2 posters

Go down

SQUEAKING SOUND on the driver seat Empty SQUEAKING SOUND on the driver seat

Post  rungiem Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Do you guys also hear a "squeaking" sound on your driver seat whenever you seat or move or simply when you hit
a bumpy road or a sharp turn? My GL is only 2 1/2 yrs old and around 25.5k km and am hearing that eering 'squeaking sound already.
Mine is a leather seat (Elegance) but i dont think its has something to do with it. I had it fixed by mantrade but it just gets worst
and lately i discovered that my headrest cant be or very hard to pull up ( i dont use it until i got a chance to clean it only to find out
that it has a problem/ callled mantrade but denied they touched it ). I havent returned it yet to them due to time constraint.
Anyway, can it be removed by simply putting lubrication on the joints? I didnt see any lubrication upon checking this afternoon.
Can it be the joints only or something more? Can it be the spring inside?
My worry is that could it get worst over time? I dont think the dealer is open to the optiion of replacing the whole seat.
Any input please?

rungiem

Back to top Go down

SQUEAKING SOUND on the driver seat Empty Re: SQUEAKING SOUND on the driver seat

Post  yoogix Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 am

Hi rungiem, I had the very same experience of that squeezing sound. Found the problem under the seat. If you look closely, notice the bar support directly underneath the seats are seated on a support bar. I placed some grease between the connections of the support bar (left and right). It solved my problem. WD-40 will also do the trick if you prefer it, but the noise will come back after a few days it dries out. grease does not dry out. hope this helps Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down