Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A useful tip

5 posters

Go down

A useful tip Empty A useful tip

Post  steel pulse Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 pm

During repairs, it pays to ask the SA to tell you, in layman's language, what is the problem, what is causing it, and the repairs done to solve the problem. Keep an atmosphere of openness during the conversation so that the SA won't hesitate to tell you both the bad news and the good news. Let them understand that the problem is attributable to the manufacturer, not the dealership. But ask the SA what to expect after repairs are made. That would at least constitute a verbal warranty on the work done. Anyway, no car, dealership or manufacturer is perfect.

But most of all, it pays to be personally present when repairs are made.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

A useful tip Empty Re: A useful tip

Post  chualie Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 pm

That useful tip is noted and appreciated Sir. Thank you.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 am

+1

ginagawa ko ito, nagiging makulit na nga ako minsan kaya madalas napagsasabihan na ako. hahaha
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm

aln wrote:+1

ginagawa ko ito, nagiging makulit na nga ako minsan kaya madalas napagsasabihan na ako. hahaha

@aln:

I-treat mo minsan ng lunch ang SA at mechanic. Instant friends mo agad sila. He he he...
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 pm

problem with being present when the repairs are done is that in Mantrade they dont allow the car owners to be in the service bay area. Hindi ko makikita kung ano ginagawa sa GL ko. Pinapastay lang nila ako dun sa lounge.

Also overheard from an SA to another SA this phrase "Wag ka maniniwala sa customer mo, nagmamarunong lang mga yan tayo ang adviser dapat hindi sila yun masususnod".
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm

@badtoy,

sira ulo pala yung SA na yun, kung ako nakarinig nun malamang nasabihan ko yun. paano nila nasabi yun eh tayo mismo ang owner at mas alam natin kung ano nangyayari sa sasakyan natin. nung nagpakabit ako ng OEM foglamps sa GL ko, sabi sa Nissan Q ave eh almost a day daw gagawin yun kasi mag-rewire sila. sabi ko no need to do the rewiring kasi me abang na yung ilaw saka papalitan lang yung switch sa headlight. hindi sila naniwala sa akin at ayaw ko din pagawa dun.

next nagpunta ako sa dealer ko sa shaw, ganun din ang sabi sa akin. nung nakuha ko yung ilaw pinakita ko yung switch na kasama kaya sabi ko no need to do a rewiring. so sabi ko titignan ko yung gawa at ako magtuturo kung nasaan ang socket ng ilaw. nung binabaklas na yung bumper at grill aba hindi alam ng mga mechanic, tinawag pa nila yung third party accessory installer to assist them. ayun with our help (me and the installer) nagawa ng maayos yung OEM foglamps ko in less than 3 hours... kung hindi ko sinabi yung alam ko and if i did not insist on watching them malamang nag-rewire nga sila....

Last edited by aln on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm

@steel pulse

i just give them a tip personally. hirap mag-alok kasi baka me mga kasama sila. hahaha
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:40 pm

aln wrote:@steel pulse

i just give them a tip personally. hirap mag-alok kasi baka me mga kasama sila. hahaha

@aln:

Tipping is okay too. My bottomline is having a personal bond with these maintenance guys. Case in point: During the time when I was having this steering noise problem, I requested my suki mechanic to re-check the steering coupling, which he did. After that, I had a few drinks with friends and then went on my way home. When I was already about 30 kms. away (my house is about 35 kms from Nissan Iloilo) I noticed that the steel plate on the floor near the steering column was unhinged. I immediately called up my SA (actually, he's the Maintenance Supervisor) regarding the problem. Bottomline, he informed the dealership owner of my situation, took the repair service vehicle from the casa, fetched my "suki" mechanic, and went to my location, at 9:30 in the evening. The actual repair took less than two minutes. To me, that's more than an indication that my GL is in safe hands everytime I come in for PMS or modifications.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:30 pm

@aln

kaya nag aask ako sa kabilang thread san ok na ibang dealer kasi hindi ko nagugustuhan yun dating ng mga SA sa mantrade eh. kung ndi lang nakaka engganyo yun Sales Rep ndi na sana ako dun bumili hahaha sexy eh

hindi ko na sinabihan yun SA na nagbanggit nun nagmamarunong yun customer kasi andaming tao dun sa SA desk. naiirita nako sa dami ng tao kahit naka reserve na eh magaantay pa din ng matagal para tawagin yun number. Baka atakihin nako sa inis pag dinagdagan ko pa yun inis ko.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 pm

@steel pulse

i hope nissan dealers here in metro manila is the same as your dealer there at iloilo Very Happy

@badtoy

kaya pala napabili ka na dun, hehehe.... pero sana nga ma-improve pa yung service ng mga carf dealers dito sa atin para naman masulit natin ang binayad natin sa mga sasakyan natin...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:58 pm

you might be interested...

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/tip-sheet/10-ways-to-secure-a-keyless-entry-system-equipped-vehicle-from-carjackers
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:45 pm

^^
thanks sir!
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content