Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Theater stuff

+5
steel pulse
EuroFD
eggy_reyes
chualie
marckd1
9 posters

Go down

Home Theater stuff Empty Home Theater stuff

Post  marckd1 Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 am

I created this topic since madami din sa ating mga Loopers ang mahilig sa pag set-up ng home theater at pag collect ng movies.

And to answer the questions of Sir Chualie re mkv and 720p.

.mkv (Matroska Video file) is one of the common video file type extensions. It can support multiple audio and subtitle tracks in the same file. This file ang usual na ginagamit sa mga high definition movies.

720p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes having a resolution of 1280×720 (for a total of 0.92 megapixels or 921,600 pixels) and a progressive scan. The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60[note 1] frames per second, 720p features the highest temporal (motion) resolution possible under the ATSC and DVB standards.

1080p is the shorthand identification for a set of high-definition television (HDTV) video modes that are characterised by 1080 horizontal lines of vertical resolution[1] and progressive scan, meaning unlike the 1080i display standard, the image is not interlaced.
The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a resolution of 1,920 pixels wide by 1,080 high.The frame rate can be either implied by the context or specified after the letter 'p', such as 1080p30, meaning 30 progressive frames per second.
1080p, sometimes referred to in marketing materials as Full HD, typically refers to the capability to accept 1080p signal and display it with native resolution of at least 1080 lines, as well as the capability to upscale lower-resolution material to 1080p.
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Home Theater stuff Empty Re: Home Theater stuff

Post  chualie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 am

thanks sir, that's too technical for me hehehe...if ever na mag set up ako dami palang mahihingan ng advice dto sa loop.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

for HT stuff... i go to pinoydvd.com

grabe.. ka-addict yan!!

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  EuroFD Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Been going around listening rooms scouting for entry level brands in home theater. I know this may be the start of a very expensive hobby, so I'm gathering all the prices, brands and reviews that I can. I notice that a lot of imported, branded speaker systems are packaged and offered on sale. An example is a 5.1 Mordaunt-Short system in 5th Ave, Shangrila Mall - which dropped their price to 55k from almost 100k.

I heard that the Energy speaker system from the US is a good entry level system that ranges below the 40k level. So dar, I've looked at speaker systems, but not yet amplifiers. That's a whole new story...
EuroFD
EuroFD

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 am

I have this set-up which is about 3 yrs. old already:

Panasonic plasma TV (42") P95k
Pioneer HD DVD player with USB port P5k
Pioneer HD amplifier 500 watts P16k
Jamo speakers (2 front, 2 rear, 1 center) P15k
Jamo sub-woofer 500w P15k

I get good video quality with HD cable from DVD player to TV. Audio is also good with optical cable from DVD player to amplifier. Optical cable allows the viewer to use the DTS sound option in the DVD.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 am

we have a different definitions of entry-level. Im really cheap so entry level means all-in for 50K (speakers, receivers, wires, but not including the display monitor) Speaker brands you might want to consider are yamaha, gale, jamo and wharfdale. For A/V receivers I doubt if you can get better value than YAMAHA AVRs.

Mid-level speaker brands you might want to consider are JBL/Infinity/Energy

while for high-end... marami but nothing beats B&W Smile

As for me, I now live at cramped condo therefore I'm very space conscious. If I would be purchasing an HT it would definitely be BOSE 3·2·1®️ GS home entertainment system (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/21channel_systems/321_systems/321_gs/index.jsp) at 1K USD all-in or if budget permits (and with the approval of the missus) BOSE Lifestyle®️ 235 home entertainment system (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/21channel_systems/lifestyle_235/index.jsp) at 2.4K USD.

2.1 surround is definitely no match with the 5/6/7 pc. speaker systems. but it's good enough for small spaces. Smile

hayy... ang sarap mangarap!!!!

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 am

I'm also a member of pinoydvd since 2004 and invested a lot from this hobby. From TV, Projector, speakers, amplifiers, wires and medias.

I have two set-up at home and I'm enjoying them.
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

ayus to, hehehe... also a member of pinoydvd, matagal na since the early days of quiapo dvd. bwehehe...

tip lang sa mga mag-start, invest more on speakers dahil ito talaga ang tatagal sa iyo. sa receivers 15k lang maganda na yan.

dami na din ako mkv, puro 720p lang kasi 32"LCD lang ako. mas noticeable ang difference sa 1080p pag nasa 40" pataas na ang TV
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Important tip:
Don't visit audio / video stores once nakapag set-up na ng HT. Because You will never be contented for what You have after auditioning. Just enjoy Your gear and collect na lang ng mga movies and audios para ma sulit ang mga gear natin. Very Happy
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:24 am

marckd1 wrote:Important tip:
Don't visit audio / video stores once nakapag set-up na ng HT. Because You will never be contented for what You have after auditioning. Just enjoy Your gear and collect na lang ng mga movies and audios para ma sulit ang mga gear natin. Very Happy

naku nakakahawang virus yan... SARS!!! a.k.a. the upgrade bug!! di ka patutulugin!

enjoy what you have!!!

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:27 pm

out of place ako,,, pero pangarap ko din yang mga yan... hehehe
kakainggit kayo!!! keep on enjoying....
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 pm

marckd1 wrote:Important tip:

agree agree, mahal ng mga gamit. yung akin nga lagpas five years na. LCD lang at media player ang nabago.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:22 am

Usually TV, source media player at mkvs na lang ang upgrades after ng initial set-up.

Pres. aln, meron akong 3tb mkv collections. Twisted Evil
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 am

Wow dami din pala mahilig sa HTS sa LOOP..

Actually yan yung reason kya hindi ako nakaattend ng last EB natin, sa unit ko kami nagaudition ng NMT.

I started around 2004 or 2005 pa ata, from Altec Lansing multi media speakers to TEAC HTIB and now I'm using Paradigm speakers. Sobrang nakakaaddict tong hobby na to. My last upgrade is my NMT.

Sir Markd1 I have 2tb of mkv collection, malamang lahat ng meron ako meron ka na din but just in case you want to check my list and trade titles ok sakin yan, or anyone from the group you are all welcome.

zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  cht2wenty4 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 am

Huwaw! mukang napa gastos na hobby nanaman yan.hehe

Sana magka sariling bahay nako para kahit papano makapag start sa LCD TV. Razz
cht2wenty4
cht2wenty4

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Nice idea Sir zbrando, I'm still compiling the list of my movies. Madami akong double titles both 720p and 1080p.
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:04 am

marckd1 wrote:Nice idea Sir zbrando, I'm still compiling the list of my movies. Madami akong double titles both 720p and 1080p.

ako din, everytime na ginagawa ko ung list nauuwe ako sa panonood...

sad to say hindi pa din sya tapos...heheheh
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 am

hehe, ayus... next EB naman eh sabay natin yung "sharing", bwehehe
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 am

Anyone interested in buying Sharp Quattron 52"? P165k brandnew with warranty- Mall price is at P210k. COD. PM me.

Home Theater stuff Sharp-10
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down