Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical problem - busted fuse for lighter socket

2 posters

Go down

Electrical problem - busted fuse for lighter socket  Empty Electrical problem - busted fuse for lighter socket

Post  ultramagnus Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Good day to All!

Need your help please! Has anyone experienced a blown fuse, particularly for the cigarette lighter socket? I experienced this ALL the time! I have the fuse replaced and after a few days, busted na naman.

Eventually, I just got tired of having it replaced so I stopped altogether, even if it meant I didn't get to use the Navi that came with the unit or charge my gadgets via the socket.

Now my warranty is about to expire so I got to thinking, why not have the electrical properly checked out (ok, ok, I should've done this long ago . . . ) But anyways, I did and this is the answer I got from Nissan Quezon Avenue: They said that the amp used by the Navi is too high and that those of gadget (cellphone) chargers are even higher. The threshold of the socket fuse is only 5 when the chargers use 15 or more, so basically, if I plug in anything but the lighter, it will blow up.

When I asked what the solution is or what my options are, ang sagot sakin, WALA! Apparently, the only thing I can use the socket with is the lighter, and I DON'T EVEN SMOKE!!!

Tama po ba assessment nila?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Electrical problem - busted fuse for lighter socket  Empty Re: Electrical problem - busted fuse for lighter socket

Post  pistolero Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:05 am

You can try replacing the plug or wire you use to attach on the lighter socket .

i remember having an issue like this before with my china made GPS, couple of times the fuse got busted so i bought a universal socket on cdrking i think and used that instead of what came with the GPS. Didn't had an issue ever since.

pistolero

Back to top Go down