Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension/ride

+8
dbanker
eggy_reyes
badtoy
steel pulse
blooperoo
chualie
aln
xuaeenr
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suspension/ride Empty Suspension/ride

Post  xuaeenr Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi guys!

I'd like to get your inputs on the ride. I have driven AUVs before, first time to really own a car like Livina. I find that Innova absorbs the bumps better than GL.

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Suspension/ride Empty Re: Suspension/ride

Post  aln Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

hmmm, for me i find our GL more comfortable than Innova.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:29 pm

aln wrote:hmmm, for me i find our GL more comfortable than Innova.

+ 1 dto kasi parang sedan talaga ang ride ng GL which is categorize as a MPV.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  blooperoo Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:33 pm

softer ang ride ng livina kaysa sa innova. meron din kasi kaming innova E. both have plus and minuses pero in terms of ride, i agree with pres aln na mas comfortable ang ride ng GL dahil na din ang innova ladder frame chassis so medyo pang truck ang dating and ang GL ang chassis nya pang kotse.
blooperoo
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 pm

blooperoo wrote:softer ang ride ng livina kaysa sa innova. meron din kasi kaming innova E. both have plus and minuses pero in terms of ride, i agree with pres aln na mas comfortable ang ride ng GL dahil na din ang innova ladder frame chassis so medyo pang truck ang dating and ang GL ang chassis nya pang kotse.

+1 ako dito. I drove a friend's Innova several times and compared its drive with the GL's. Feel ko lang, better ang driving comfort ng GL. That's why I opted for my present GL instead of Innova.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 am

or pwede din na mas malambot ang gulong ng innova kesa ke livina kaya mas matagtag ang ride ni livina. sinubukan ko mag 35psi sa GL ko, nakupo ang tagtag saka ramdam ang road imperfections. ibabalik ko na sa 30psi....
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:04 am

prior to purchasing my GL, I owned an Innova V variant for a few weeks. Sinanla samin yun Innova nun kakilala ko and that was my chance to fully test it if it would fit our needs and wants in a car since i was on the market for an MPV.

The only two things I liked in the Innova was the 2nd row aircon vent and space.

Comparing it with the GL, though Innova is spacious but it lacks the comfort the GL has in terms of seating positions. The Innova's interior shouts "AUV look!" despite having the high end variant. GL has a way better interior.

Acceleration, engine performance, and fuel consumption, it takes more trips to the gas station with the innova gas variant.

Suspension... mas masarap pang sumakay nga sa GL kesa sa Civic FD. No comparison yun ride comfort ng GL sa Innova.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 pm

The Innova is a great AUV however our GL(s) is really more car-like in terms of features and performance. I really wouldn't compare both as the innova is a utility vehicle with luxury options while the GL is more like a compact car with extra seats Smile

But if we really want to compare the suspension.... both automobiles use coil springs which is good for comfort but i'd like to believe that the GL is "tuned" for car like performance while the Innova is for utility. Innova's suspension is not bad at all... i have driven one and i felt it was even more comfortable than my dad's fortuner. As for the GL, wala akong masabi... parang kotse talaga or maybe even better due to a longer wheel base Smile handling can be improved though with wider tires and maybe a little stiffening via an optional strutbar (if available). Smile

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I think I need to adjust my tires. Front is 35 and back is 40.

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:04 pm

xuaeenr wrote:I think I need to adjust my tires. Front is 35 and back is 40.

exactly sir, sobra tagtag and ingay ng ride nyan. sa akin all tires have 35psi pero naramdaman na namin ni misis yung roughness ng ride. balak ko ibalik sa 30psi.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Sir if I remember it right, the GL manual recommends 36psi for all tires when there are less than 4 passengers and 36psi sa front and 39psi sa rear kung more than 4 passengers. Paki refer lang sa manual.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm

When I got the unit from Mantrade the tires were at 28 front and 33 at the back. Really smooth but was concerned about the fuel consumption and tire wear so I adjusted it. It's a people carrier mostly on weekends but I use it daily for my self to the office.

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:30 am

ako- 32psi on both ends... may sakay or wala... Sad
kaya sguro 8-9kms/ltr pa rin ako--> city driving; pero SLEX/NLEX -->14-17kms Smile
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:20 am

steel pulse wrote:Sir if I remember it right, the GL manual recommends 36psi for all tires when there are less than 4 passengers and 36psi sa front and 39psi sa rear kung more than 4 passengers. Paki refer lang sa manual.

yes sir, dun din sa gilid ng pinto 35psi naman ang nakalagay pag less than 4 passengers. i think nasa user preference na ito basta ba hindi sobrang baba at hindi naman sobrang taas as long as confortable ang ride

also, i don't mind the increase in FC kung 1 km/li lang naman ang difference as long as comfortable ang mga sakay ko. iba nga talga ang ride from 30psi to 35 psi
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 am

aln wrote:
steel pulse wrote:Sir if I remember it right, the GL manual recommends 36psi for all tires when there are less than 4 passengers and 36psi sa front and 39psi sa rear kung more than 4 passengers. Paki refer lang sa manual.

yes sir, dun din sa gilid ng pinto 35psi naman ang nakalagay pag less than 4 passengers. i think nasa user preference na ito basta ba hindi sobrang baba at hindi naman sobrang taas as long as confortable ang ride

also, i don't mind the increase in FC kung 1 km/li lang naman ang difference as long as comfortable ang mga sakay ko. iba nga talga ang ride from 30psi to 35 psi

35 PSI works for me. Acceleration does improve when tires are properly inflated, otherwise medyo dragging or parang mabigat when moving from a standstill unless you press on the accelerator hard resulting to poor fuel mileage.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:28 am

^^
yep, i noticed the acceleration also pati sa pag turn. ang ayoko lang talga is yung tagtag. i already reduced mine to 30psi and nabawasan na yung tagtag..
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 am

I tried several times to balance comfort and FC, 32psi works for me. Sakto ung comfort and hindi nasacrifice ung FC..
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm21 Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:03 pm

How about sa tibay? Sino na sa inyo nasiraan ng shock absorber? Last year nagpapalit ako ng shock absorber sa right hand sa likod. This year sira na naman. At mukhang dalawang shock absorber ko ang sira sa likod. Hayy. sana maclaim sa warranty ulit.
Emm21
Emm21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 am

Emm21 wrote:How about sa tibay? Sino na sa inyo nasiraan ng shock absorber? Last year nagpapalit ako ng shock absorber sa right hand sa likod. This year sira na naman. At mukhang dalawang shock absorber ko ang sira sa likod. Hayy. sana maclaim sa warranty ulit.

Based on my experience, matibay naman ang shock absorbers. I actually fill the GL up to 2nd row when loading groceries for our store and personal needs and di sumasayad sa humps na malalaki sa amin and the bump stoppers actually do their work in ensuring the suspension play is kept within acceptable limits. As a matter of principle, if you were to replace a suspension component, it should be in pairs. I think the left hand side suspension was about to break when the new one was installed. The new suspension had to work harder and likewise prematurely break in the process. If your car is still covered by warranty, better claim it for both shock absorbers.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm21 Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Iyon din ang sabi ko sa SA dapat pares ang palit. Ang tigas kasi ng ulo. Isa lang pinalitan.

Thanks sir for the input.
Emm21
Emm21

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 pm

@Emm21, road conditions and lagi ba puno likod mo? parang unusual naman na lagi ka nasisiraan ng shocks..
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Emm21 wrote:Iyon din ang sabi ko sa SA dapat pares ang palit. Ang tigas kasi ng ulo. Isa lang pinalitan.

Thanks sir for the input.

No problem. I hope your issue is rectified soon.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 pm

aln wrote:@Emm21, road conditions and lagi ba puno likod mo? parang unusual naman na lagi ka nasisiraan ng shocks..

Yun nga ang masakit pres. Most of the time wala akong karga sa likod. Maingat din ako magmaneho as evidenced ng tires ko pantay pantay ang kain. Maganda rin kalsada sa Isabela. Tingin ko factory defect talaga.
Emm21
Emm21

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

gas ba o fluid ang shocks natin?

@Emm21, mukhang masakit nga talga sir...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

aln wrote:gas ba o fluid ang shocks natin?

@Emm21, mukhang masakit nga talga sir...

I would suggest that a visual inspection of a leak be made and a picture posted in the forum to verify if it indeed gas or fluid. If there is fluid leak somewhere, then it is the obvious but in the absence of fluid, it would be most probably gas type.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next