Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waxes Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Waxes Discussion Empty Waxes Discussion

Post  EuroFD Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 am

I'd like to share my experience with various wax brands I have used in the past years. I've started my detailing habit as early as when I had my first car. Hope this information helps the newbie, DIY detailers.

Turtle Wax Emerald - good value entry level wax; relatively harder to buff off
Zymol Cleaner - great starter wax for the budget conscious; apply thinly due to thick consistency; use sparingly
Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry - good shine after washing; easy on and easy off; better than quick detailers
Mothers Reflections - deep shine for dark colored cars; easy on and easy off
Mothers FX Syn (synthetic) - nice shine for light colored cars; great for manual or machine buffing
Mothers Carnauba Cleaner - pleasant smell, easy on and easy off; use only to remove light marks at hairline scratches
Meguiars Gold - great shine; little water beading effect
Meguiars Step 1, 2 & 3 - perfect system for all around clean polish, shine and protection; good training for serious detailers
Meguiars NXT 2.0 - deep shine; easy on and easy off; pleasant smell; great water beading effect
Klasse All-In-One - effective for very light scratches and a good, quick polish
Klasse Sealer & Glaze - deep shine especially with multiple layers; lasts longer than most waxes
EuroFD
EuroFD

Back to top Go down

Waxes Discussion Empty Re: Waxes Discussion

Post  EuroFD Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd like to add a product to my review:

Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance - great deep shine, very practical due to its paste format, and excellent water beading (resistance to marks)
EuroFD
EuroFD

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 pm

where do you buy Klasse and Collinite waxes?

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  EuroFD Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 pm

xuaeenr wrote:where do you buy Klasse and Collinite waxes?

In the south area (Sta. Rosa), the distributor is AutoBisyo. Call or text Jerome at 0927-9652172; he also does meet ups in Makati for delivering orders. HTH.
EuroFD
EuroFD

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:16 pm

I use a very cheap alternative. 3M paint protector and liquid wax in a sachet

after washing the car I apply 3M paint protector. This type of wax is very very very hard to buff but the shine is superb. However there are a lot of unbuffed portions left so i finish it off with the the liquid wax.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  EuroFD Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:03 pm

badtoy wrote:I use a very cheap alternative. 3M paint protector and liquid wax in a sachet

after washing the car I apply 3M paint protector. This type of wax is very very very hard to buff but the shine is superb. However there are a lot of unbuffed portions left so i finish it off with the the liquid wax.

To remove hard-to-buff waxes, use a spray detailer (brand of your choice) and a moist microfiber towel to glide through the surface. HTH
EuroFD
EuroFD

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 am

I use Mothers Reflections Car Wax + Top Coat every 2 months on my bluish black metallic grand livina. okay naman after 1 year. makintab pa rin Smile

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down