Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting?

+2
aln
xuaeenr
6 posters

Go down

Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting? Empty Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting?

Post  xuaeenr Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Any good talyer for scratch removing and repainting? My GL has a 3 inch scratch to our right side rear bumper.

Casa is charging me for 3,5K so I'd like to know alternatives. My car is warm silver. Can this be replicated outside?

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting? Empty Re: Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting?

Post  aln Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:13 pm

malalim ba sir? pwede kasi sa mga detailing shops baka sakaling makuha sa rubbing...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting? Empty Re: Recommended shops for scratch removing and repainting?

Post  badtoy Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:57 pm

since Warm Silver ang color ng car mo sir, I would highly recommend sa casa ka na lang kung malalaim yun scratch/es.

I doubt kung makukuha ng ibang paintshop yun color kahit na napakagaling nun shop kasi may pagka exotic yun mixture ng warm silver na nag aadjust yun shade depende sa light and angle of perception. Hindi nilalabas ng nissan yun color code nun warm silver para hindi gayahin.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:07 pm

badtoy wrote:since Warm Silver ang color ng car mo sir, I would highly recommend sa casa ka na lang kung malalaim yun scratch/es.

I doubt kung makukuha ng ibang paintshop yun color kahit na napakagaling nun shop kasi may pagka exotic yun mixture ng warm silver na nag aadjust yun shade depende sa light and angle of perception. Hindi nilalabas ng nissan yun color code nun warm silver para hindi gayahin.

I agree with PRO badtoy, yan din ang advice ng SA ko sa akin at nung Plant/warranty supervisor.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 am

sir, medyo mahal yung P3.5k just to repair a a 3-inch scratch. check the deductible of your insurance. if it's cheaper, claim it against your insurance na lang. check mo rin kung may special promo yung insurance mo. baka free or lowered yung deductible. samin kasi, if your car is not more than 3 years old and you opt to have it repaired in one of our accredited shops instead of the casa, waived na yung deductible.

as far as non-casa shops go, in my experience, there are some pretty good shops out there. i've always had repainting work for my mazda3 done by Teknik Auotoshop in manila. iba yung pagka-black nung mazda kasi hindi siya flat. if you look closely, meron siyang grains. pero kuhang-kuha naman nila.
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 am

sir ultramagnus... not to offend the good paint shops but color warm silver for both the Grand Livina and Sentra is quite exotic which has somewhat a chameleon quality that changes shades depending on light and peripheral angle.

I think the 3.5K repair is still worth it if the outcome is like nothing happened. Buong bumper kasi ang pipinturahan dun. Quite a risk also if youre having it repaired even in a very known good paint shop, you woulndt know kung makukuha ba tlaga yun color. Baka pag nagiba ng angle and lighting, yun buong oto magiiba ng shade ng color except the bumper.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 am

Two times na ako nag pa repaint sa Casa, My front bumpers/ chin spoilers and left fender (insurance claim P35K) repaint yun because of an accident. My rear bumpers /spoilers (P2,500) too was repainted na hit and run during bisita iglesia 2010. So far I'm satisfied even car paint expert would find it hard too spot painted area. Done by NGQA.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 pm

@badtoy: noted sir. it slipped my mind na per panel nga pala repainting. so in the case of a bumper, buong bumper ang pipinturahan. otherwise, di papantay yung kulay. P3.5k casa seems reasonable nga. as per the color, I haven't scrutinized a warm silver GL up close yet so di ko pa napapansin yung chameleon quality niya. kaya siguro ang ganda din ng dating samin every time we see one on the road.

in my personal experience with my mazda3, yung unang gasgas ko sa rear bumper ko, pinagawa ko rin sa casa kasi nga i was also afraid that outside shops may not be able to get the color exact. kaya lang, when I fetched my vehicle, naabutan ko kadadating lang and ang dumi-dumi. so I asked why and san dinala. turns out dinala pala nila sa pasig yung car (the casa was mazda makati) and sina-subcontract din lang pala nila yung painting jobs nila. yung head ng claims division namin nag-recommend sa Teknik. dun din niya pinapagawa fortuner niya. so I tried it next time and I was quite satisfied naman.

well mga sirs, when you get down to it, you really can't put a price on peace of mind. so I guess a good rule of thumb is when in doubt and you can afford it naman, casa is the way. Smile
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:37 am

"when you get down to it, you really can't put a price on peace of mind."

Agree ako sir.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down