Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front lower arm assembly bushing

+2
real_renz
steel pulse
6 posters

Go down

Front lower arm assembly bushing Empty Front lower arm assembly bushing

Post  steel pulse Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 pm

heads up mga Sirs:

I had my GL's front lower arm assembly replaced because the bushing gave out. The bad part is that bushing lang ang sira, you need to buy the entire assembly at P5,338 each. I had to shell out about P11k for the entire works. Bushing breakdown is attributable to the road conditions.

Front lower arm assembly bushing 2011-117

Front lower arm assembly bushing 2011-118

So, mga Sirs. Dahan-dahan lang sa bad roads.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Front lower arm assembly bushing Empty Re: Front lower arm assembly bushing

Post  real_renz Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 am

Ganon kamahal un sir. nakadikit ba ung bushing sa arm?
real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 am

real_renz wrote:Ganon kamahal un sir. nakadikit ba ung bushing sa arm?

yes sir. see pictures

Front lower arm assembly bushing 2011-119

Front lower arm assembly bushing 2011-120
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  real_renz Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Assembly nga.

set na ba un sir?
real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 am

real_renz wrote:Assembly nga.

set na ba un sir?

yes sir. but you can also buy only one assembly at a time. pwedeng left lang, or right lang. me, I had to buy both sides kasi sira pareho.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:01 pm

@steel, hindi ba covered ng warranty ito?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:45 pm

@ aln:

Not covered Sir. Nag 3 years na ang GL ko last July 14, 2011. Also, according to my SA, NMPI won't usually consider warranty on this part because it may be attributed to normal wear and tear.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

steel pulse wrote:@ aln:

Not covered Sir. Nag 3 years na ang GL ko last July 14, 2011. Also, according to my SA, NMPI won't usually consider warranty on this part because it may be attributedt to normal wear and tear.

oh i see, what was the symptom sir?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blooperoo Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 am

mukhang pwedeng palitan yung bushing lang. it looks like it was pressed into the arm. problem lang is where to buy the bushing only. also if nissan tells us its an assembly, wala tayong choice if walang mabibilhan ng bushing lang. Neutral
blooperoo
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 am

@aln:

Sir, except for a "feel" that suspension rebound was a bit "loose", no discernible symptoms really. The problem was discovered when I had the front brake pads replaced. My SA told me that bad bushing is not a safety issue.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:37 am

@blooperoo:

sir, Nissan won't guaranty that a mere bushing replacement would work properly.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 am

i think we can have the bushing fabricated, shops like M7, Cruven and Zee can do that. kailangan lang ng copy of the bushing. Since NMPI or the dealer already said that they will not cover cases like these then i guess its ok to have the bushings fabricated.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blooperoo Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 am

aln wrote:i think we can have the bushing fabricated, shops like M7, Cruven and Zee can do that. kailangan lang ng copy of the bushing. Since NMPI or the dealer already said that they will not cover cases like these then i guess its ok to have the bushings fabricated.

kung out of warranty na and since Nissan says they would not guaranty suspension parts, why not look for replacement parts from Federal Mogul or others. or have it fabricated. 11K+ is a bit on the high side although if it gives you peace of mind, i cannot question that. sanay na kasi ako sa replacement kung out of warranty lalo na pag mahal yung orig (hehehe) and tumatagal naman kung reliable yung replacement part.
blooperoo
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 am

blooperoo wrote:
aln wrote:i think we can have the bushing fabricated, shops like M7, Cruven and Zee can do that. kailangan lang ng copy of the bushing. Since NMPI or the dealer already said that they will not cover cases like these then i guess its ok to have the bushings fabricated.

kung out of warranty na and since Nissan says they would not guaranty suspension parts, why not look for replacement parts from Federal Mogul or others. or have it fabricated. 11K+ is a bit on the high side although if it gives you peace of mind, i cannot question that. sanay na kasi ako sa replacement kung out of warranty lalo na pag mahal yung orig (hehehe) and tumatagal naman kung reliable yung replacement part.

I do agree that replacement parts will soon be available since the bushing in itself is just pressed into the lower arm. However casa's are known to notoriously replace the whole assembly unit when a component or a moving part is about to fail as this is less time consuming to replace but also guarantees that the other moving components will not cause a replaced part to fail prematurely. An example would be if the bushing was replaced but the ball joint is already worn but assessed as still good enough to use for a couple of months. If such a failure happens, you will be forced to replace the whole arm eventually since a suspension failure is a serious concern. Any looseness in the arm will cause vibrations and worst damage to the steering component or even the universal joints as a result of the excessive movement. The reason why the replacement was expensive is that the other arm was also replaced as a counter measure and wear and tear may have affected the other arm as well. I've heard that one suspension failure almost cost the life of my office mate and his pregnant wife. Because of this, there is no compromise to safety.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Lydemer wrote:
blooperoo wrote:

I do agree that replacement parts will soon be available since the bushing in itself is just pressed into the lower arm. However casa's are known to notoriously replace the whole assembly unit when a component or a moving part is about to fail as this is less time consuming to replace but also guarantees that the other moving components will not cause a replaced part to fail prematurely. An example would be if the bushing was replaced but the ball joint is already worn but assessed as still good enough to use for a couple of months. If such a failure happens, you will be forced to replace the whole arm eventually since a suspension failure is a serious concern. Any looseness in the arm will cause vibrations and worst damage to the steering component or even the universal joints as a result of the excessive movement. The reason why the replacement was expensive is that the other arm was also replaced as a counter measure and wear and tear may have affected the other arm as well. I've heard that one suspension failure almost cost the life of my office mate and his pregnant wife. Because of this, there is no compromise to safety.

Mismo Sir!!! Kaya kahit medyo may halong gulang, okay lang. Basta safe. Smile
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 am

found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/2-FRONT-LOWER-WISHBONE-NISSAN-CUBE-09-11-LIVINA-06-11-/230645680108?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b38dc7ec
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down