Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Window Tints

+5
Bin Diesel
chualie
steel pulse
Lydemer
yoogix
9 posters

Go down

Window Tints Empty Window Tints

Post  yoogix Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:37 am

Happy New Year to Loopers and your families! May all have a prosperous and blessed 2012! And many more good upgrades to come!

Now about window tints, yung nakakabit kay Livi ko is super light tint and ang brand is Sun Guard or Solar Guard ba yun heheh di ko sure. Feeling ko nag fade na after 3 years. Nag woworry ako kasi kitang kita na from labas yung sa loob na sakay, as in nakikilala ko yung sakay. So wala ng privacy and security.

Any recommended brands and type of Window tints? and reputable shops na mabibilhan at mag install? Casa is my last resort at for sure mahal dun hehehe. Ayoko naman sana nung madilim na madilim. Pero at least yung hindi kita from labas, pero malinaw pa din from loob kahit gabi.

Uso pa ba magic tints? Thanks in advance sa help Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Window Tints Empty Re: Window Tints

Post  Lydemer Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

3M magic tints ako. So far the tints in my GL has not faded. If your tint faded in just 3 years, it's most likely a fake or inferior type.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 am

thanks for the input sir. I would go for 3M this time.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Thank you for the input. I just had my tint replaced with 3M magic tint, medium chrome black for all sides and the whole windshield. So far so good. Just a quick question. Nde ba bawal ang naka tint ang buong windshield? or bawal ito sa public vehicles lang? Thanks! Smile

I had it replaced sa shop near cash and carry makati. Meron din ako kasabay ng black na GL nagpapakabit ng tint Smile name of the shop is Golden Bridge.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm

@yoogix:

Sir, there is no law prohibiting the placement of dark tints on all windshields of a vehicle. A safety concern though is kung naka dark tint ang entire front windshield. You may miss a dog or worse, a pedestrian, crossing a poorly lighted street at night.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

sir steel pulse , thank you for the reply. now I know walang prohibit sa tint sa windshield.

Good point sir sa safety. I just had my first night drive (going to work) with the tints. Ang hirap nga, medyo disoriented ako. Though the daytime drive was more pleasant with the full tints. But I might have the front windshield tint cut this weekend. Safety first as always!

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

I replace my windshield tint early last year, 3m magic tint na light naman ang pinalagay ko, clear sya during night driving, halos wala more or less nasa 96% ang visibility. The worst scenario kasi na madalas nangyayari is driving at night with a storm kaya nagpalit ako from med to light sa windshield tint. At daytime naman ok na ok.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 pm

yoogix wrote:sir steel pulse , thank you for the reply. now I know walang prohibit sa tint sa windshield.

Good point sir sa safety. I just had my first night drive (going to work) with the tints. Ang hirap nga, medyo disoriented ako. Though the daytime drive was more pleasant with the full tints. But I might have the front windshield tint cut this weekend. Safety first as always!

Nakakasanayan din naman po yan sa gabi. My GL uses medium 3M tints sa harap. If hirap po kayo sa medium maganda light na lang ipakabit.
Ako kasi mas safe sa pakiramdam ko kapag di kita sa labas ang laman ng sasakyan lalo na kapag nakapark ika nga "what you don't see won't interest you".
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:27 pm

I totally agree with the inputs. Sir Bin Diesel, yes that's true, mas comfortable talaga mag drive when you have privacy, specially for my wife.

Pag nakita pa naman ng ibang driver na lady driver eh prone na ma "bully" sa road. Pero di naman sila uubra sa wife ko hehehe. Anyway, ngayon pansin ko di nila kita ang driver at front passenger, mas relax ang driving nya.

Favorable talaga sa wife ko yung may tint sa front windshield especially she drives sa morning when the sun is out. But sadly, my work is sa gabi so night driving for me. Plus, i am wearing prescription glasses since, so i guess meron akong disability. Even normal multi coated eyeglasses absorbs a certain amount of indoor and artificial lights, lugi ako geek .

Will have the front tint cut out and just leave about a foot on top as a visor na lang. Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 pm

@yoogix:

Nice move sir. Yan din exactly ang ginawa ko. May cut ang tint sa front winshield. Dati kasi sa vios ko, naka dark tint lahat. 3 beses ako naka dale ng aso. Like you, may prescription glasses din ako.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

yung akin, dark tints from second door all the way back then medium black sa harap and buong windshield. problema din sa dark tints sa harap eh pag gabi me reflection yung interior kaya mahirap lumiko kasi hindi gaano kita. this is also one of the reasons why i changed my tints aside from security.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Got my GL with titanium tint from sides to back. then got 3M medium tint no cuts for the front windshield. the titanium shield (dunno the brand) is good for daylight and the medium tint on the front is good night time driving.

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:17 am

Around how much cost ng tint for the whole GL? Preferrably 3m brands para sulit. (just got a GL nun friday pero 2nd hand lang po). Security rin ang concern ko.

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  pistolero Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:20 pm

@Voltz

I asked around last month at an auto acc shop near my place , 3M brand was 6.5K for the super black sides/panel and medium black for the windshield.

There were some korea/taiwan brand na much cheaper around 3.3k lang for all the windows, and according to the installer eh ok naman daw performance nung korea/taiwan brand ( unfortunately i forgot the name )

Last edited by pistolero on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added brand name)

pistolero

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Thank you sir pistolero! Yun P6.5k is 3m brand na yun?
I got the platinum tints (i think china) kase around that P3k price range.

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm

normally branded tints like 3m will cost 5k + talga. basta ingat na lang din kasi madami imitations ngayon. pag tumagal eh nag-fade ang kulay o nagiging kulay talong, hehehe
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  pistolero Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 am

Well i was able to have my tints replaced, unfortunately wala silang stock ng 3M but i got the Platinum brand of tint ,full glass and windshield (super black on sides, rear and quarter + medium black on windshield)

install costs 4,600 , i was able to haggle it down a little more so bale 4400 na lang total , ok naman sya on daytime ride though havent tried yet on an evening ride

pistolero

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 am

pistolero wrote:Well i was able to have my tints replaced, unfortunately wala silang stock ng 3M but i got the Platinum brand of tint ,full glass and windshield (super black on sides, rear and quarter + medium black on windshield)

install costs 4,600 , i was able to haggle it down a little more so bale 4400 na lang total , ok naman sya on daytime ride though havent tried yet on an evening ride

congrats sir pistolero..
had the same... Platinum pero alam ko mas mababa presyo (Banawe- Blue Mile name ng shop).

Had three shades nga for safety and ease of visibility...
Magic in windshield
Medium on front seats
super dark the rest..

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum