Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bad smell coming into the cabin

+2
Bin Diesel
jlberdin
6 posters

Go down

bad smell coming into the cabin Empty bad smell coming into the cabin

Post  jlberdin Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi All,

My GL is just 7 months old,
And yes had the same issue smell coming in the cabin.
Nissan Cebu promised to fix in 3days coz they will disassemble the whole dashboard.. but i'm hesitating. For sure this is an R&D issue.

I will try few experiments before to decide, like if smell is still there with the aircon off.
An probably covering the airvents from the outside first? This will be the faster way, and even if the flap is not closing well, it might already solve the main issue....

I also saw the steering shaft has a big opening going to the botton of the car.

===========================
Few months ago I had to come back 2 times on the gas guage issue..
I cant risk another 2 x 3 days commuting to the office..

Pls sahare your thoughts!

Thanks,

jlberdin

Back to top Go down

bad smell coming into the cabin Empty Re: bad smell coming into the cabin

Post  Bin Diesel Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm also encountering that TS and i have covered the airvents infront of the car just below the windshield but still the problem persist. I don't know about the opening in the steering wheel i'll try to check this weekend baka dun nga galing ang problema.
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm

jlberdin wrote:Hi All,

My GL is just 7 months old,
And yes had the same issue smell coming in the cabin.
Nissan Cebu promised to fix in 3days coz they will disassemble the whole dashboard.. but i'm hesitating. For sure this is an R&D issue.

I will try few experiments before to decide, like if smell is still there with the aircon off.
An probably covering the airvents from the outside first? This will be the faster way, and even if the flap is not closing well, it might already solve the main issue....

I also saw the steering shaft has a big opening going to the botton of the car.

===========================
Few months ago I had to come back 2 times on the gas guage issue..
I cant risk another 2 x 3 days commuting to the office..

Pls sahare your thoughts!

Thanks,

I would not let my GL's dashboard be disassembled as there are a lot of reasons that can go wrong during the process, especially assembly. Rattles may come out as a result of a bad assembly of the dash. The most logical work around is to close out the air intake located underneath the wiper assembly cover so outside air will not enter the cabin. This is the fastest and so far the best solution as this solved my GL's problem with the outside air coming into the cabin. Come to think of it, whoever needs outside air anyway when you live in the city.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Kapag On makina at nagpa gas ako, dun ako nakakaamoy sa cabin ng amoy gasolina. So far dun ko lang na experience. So i rili have o turn the ENGINE off para mabawasan ang amoy. Sa inyo ba?

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:13 pm

@voltz...

tuwing pagpa-gas mo lang ba? pag me jeep o tricycle sa harap mo meron din ba?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

sir aln, di ko naman napapansin pag traffic na may naamoy ako.
Pag sa gasoline station lang at nagpapa gas ako na naka ON aircon.

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

hello sirs, Merry Christmas to you and your families!

This has been an ongoing issue with my GL as well. It has been 3 years and recurring. Covered both holes on the front firewall, but this will do very little. If you peek to the left most and right most, there are smaller holes that our hands cannot reach. I guess these holes are for vents and water drainage too.

Anyway, I got so frustrated and decided to check where exactly the aircon louver is located, and fortunately I found it. You can see it on the driver side, looking under the steering wheel going to the upper center console. While looking under, try toggling the recirculation switch and notice that an air duct opens and closes. It is not a "flap" or cover but its more like a "duct" designed to redirect air. Its hard to describe, but the design does not look like it can provide a good seal when switched to recirculation. This is unlike any other louver I have seen. I will take some pictures and post it here within this week. I am planning to disassemble the center console myself and take a look if I can do anything hehehe.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 am

Goodluck and thanks for the info. Looking forward to this

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 am

@voltz, yung common problem kasi is yung smell outside like usok sa jeep o ng sasakyan sa harap and yung location like palengke. kung habang nagpapa-gas ka at doon pumapasok yung amoy baka sa iba galing ang problema.

@yoogix, musta DIY mo sir? i remember one time the mechanic mentioned to me na medyo mahirap dukutin or ayusin from under the dashboard yung duct kaya what they did to my GL was to open the top portion of the dashboard. kung mapapansin niyo yung top portion ng dashboard natin eh me parang lining, nabubuksan yun and doon pwede ma access yung duct. nakita ko lang ito habang ginagawa yung duct sa GL ko. try mo tignan doon sir, ingat lang sa clips at baka mabali.

goodluck!!
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down