Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system?

4 posters

Go down

Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system? Empty Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system?

Post  Bin Diesel Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system? If yes how does it work, if no can we install one?
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system? Empty Re: Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system?

Post  Lydemer Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Unfortunately there is no such device installed in our GL and not sure if there are any available in the market. However as the probability of a drained battery due to malfunction will happen once between 2-3 years, it is prudent to have the battery checked once a year (especially before going to long trips) just to be safe or better every 6 months as a preventive measure. Most of the time a problem with the battery will manifest signs of problems such as dimming lights, hard starting and finally charging light indicator that will lit intermittently to advise you that there is a problem in the charging system.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system? Empty Re: Is our GL equipped with a battery drain protection system?

Post  Bin Diesel Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 pm

chairman, sa manual kasi natin may battery saver na nakalagay for the interior lights and I have tested them as well kasi minsan di naisara ng ayos yung trunk door tapos nakaset yung switch ng interior light sa door. kinabukasan wala naman naging problem sa battery and namatay ng kusa yung ilaw sa loob.

yung sa headlights naman may "if equipped" na note sa manual natin kaya i'm not sure kung meron nga talaga ito. ayoko naman itest na iwan yung headlight na naka on at baka biglang ma drain yung battery.
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:26 am

[quote="Bin Diesel"]chairman, sa manual kasi natin may battery saver na nakalagay for the interior lights and I have tested them as well kasi minsan di naisara ng ayos yung trunk door tapos nakaset yung switch ng interior light sa door. kinabukasan wala naman naging problem sa battery and namatay ng kusa yung ilaw sa loob.

yung sa headlights naman may "if equipped" na note sa manual natin kaya i'm not sure kung meron nga talaga ito. ayoko naman itest na iwan yung headlight na naka on at baka biglang ma drain yung battery.[/quote

Nowadays the interior lights have a timer system if you switch it to the door open position. Once the door is closed there is a timer that switches the light off. These systems are already available in most cars nowadays. Now on the headlight system, I have to check out if there will be a buzzer sound that will go off once you leave it on as you switch the keys to off (which I believe there is). Automatic switch off systems for headlights are for high end vehicles only and I don't think (with cost in mind) that our GL is equipped with this system.

I am under the impression that the question is directed to a system that actually does not drain the battery by either cutting off the supply once the battery reaches a critical voltage or jumps starts it when it is weak.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 am

thanks chairman, btw there's an audible alarm that goes off when you leave the headlights on with the engine off.

sana may makapagtry na iwan nakailaw headlights nila magdamag sa GL nila tapos feedback kung mag automatic off. cheers
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Bin Diesel wrote:thanks chairman, btw there's an audible alarm that goes off when you leave the headlights on with the engine off.

sana may makapagtry na iwan nakailaw headlights nila magdamag sa GL nila tapos feedback kung mag automatic off. cheers

Nice one Bin. Maybe we can do it as a 1 minute experiment and let's see what happens. Kung magdamag naman eh baka ma-drain ang battery.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:19 pm

There is also an audible sound when you forgot to put down your handbrakes and run off.

Audible sound also when you shut down the engine and open the driver's door with the keys are still in the ignition socket.

I hear two alarm beeps when you shutdown your engine in hazard mode.

A triple alarm beep sounds when you arm the alarm and atleast one door is ajar.

So far ito pa lang yung features na nonotice other than what sir bin and chairman mentioned.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

im thinking of buying a gadget na nakakabit sa cigarette lighter socket, parang sa battery voltage lang siya pero na monitor din niya yung charging status ng battery. with that alam ko kung humihina na yung karga ng battery ko.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down