Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

evaporator leak

+3
aln
Lydemer
rungiem
7 posters

Go down

evaporator leak Empty evaporator leak

Post  rungiem Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi! Anybody out there encountered the same problem as mine? EVAPORATOR LEAK at 25K km reading. I learned from nissan
shaw that they have a client also with the same problem! and same km reading 25K! Symptom: a hissing sound just under
the glove compartment everytime the aircon is on.
Just had my 25k pms last june and got a new micro aircon filter too. No aircon related problem encountered until now only.

rungiem

Back to top Go down

evaporator leak Empty Re: evaporator leak

Post  Lydemer Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 pm

rungiem wrote:Hi! Anybody out there encountered the same problem as mine? EVAPORATOR LEAK at 25K km reading. I learned from nissan
shaw that they have a client also with the same problem! and same km reading 25K! Symptom: a hissing sound just under
the glove compartment everytime the aircon is on.
Just had my 25k pms last june and got a new micro aircon filter too. No aircon related problem encountered until now only.

The hissing sound is actually freon passing through the evaporator unit and is considered normal during cold start ups. The best way to find out if you have a leak in the system is if the aircon is not delivering sufficient cooling in the interior even at peak blower operation. Better have the system checked via high pressure hoses for freon pressure just to be accurate.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:28 pm

@Chair, mukhang ganito din yung akin ah... parang naging noticeable kasi yung hissing sound sa akin after they replaced the compressor eh. oh well, guess i need to visit shaw again.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  rungiem Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 am

It was confirmed already that i have evaporator leak as diagnosed by mantrade. Will bring the car today to mantrade
for parts replacement. Parts arrived yesterday ( almost a week waiting time ). They refilled my freon as immediate solution
and the cooling lasted for 5days. Have it refilled again yesterday at shaw (free of charge) to keep me cool when driving it back
to mantrade today.
Have a new problem. Steering coupling was replaced already during 1K PMS and now there's a thug thug sound again whenever
I make a right turn specially going uphill or downhill. Have complained this before to mantrade but since its intermittent that time,
"palakasin daw muna". I just hope this time they'll hear it.

rungiem

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:12 am

rungiem wrote:It was confirmed already that i have evaporator leak as diagnosed by mantrade. Will bring the car today to mantrade
for parts replacement. Parts arrived yesterday ( almost a week waiting time ). They refilled my freon as immediate solution
and the cooling lasted for 5days. Have it refilled again yesterday at shaw (free of charge) to keep me cool when driving it back
to mantrade today.
Have a new problem. Steering coupling was replaced already during 1K PMS and now there's a thug thug sound again whenever
I make a right turn specially going uphill or downhill. Have complained this before to mantrade but since its intermittent that time,
"palakasin daw muna". I just hope this time they'll hear it.

Tightening the coupling bold could correct the problem. Try this avenue first and if the noise still persist, have the dealer replace it free of charge under warranty.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  rungiem Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Good day! With regards to the evaporator leak, is it normal for a young car like mine ( 25k km odometer reading/ 2yrs old as of march 31, 2012 )
to have such a problem? I mean, does this happen also to other brand of cars? Have called mantrade today and told me that the car is ready for pick
up this mid afternoon. By the way, correction on my previous email, the GL in nissan shaw with evaporator leak has 40k km reading ( not 25K km ).
A change of steering coupling at 1K km, now a "thug" sound again when turning right ( similar to the symptom before they change steering coupling ),
a noticeable rise on the right front carpet/flooring when turning right on the road shoulder (caught once by me and my passenger), rattling sound, whistling sound when running 120+Km/hr(intermittent), smoke entering the cabin ( corrected na naman, nga lang, matindi and mist sa lower part ng winshield that you need to wipe it para mawala and clear the vision ), ..... ano naman kaya ang susunod? I am now planning not to get the car yet from mantrade and request to the top management to have my car undergo a thorough qulaity check and drive test in their road testing facility in sta rosa.
Daig ko pa ung bumili ng second hand na car sa dami ng beses na pagpapaayos! Worst, di naman nila sinasagot ung gasolina mo papunta sa service center nila.
Does anyone here know the nissan sta rosa email address of their president? Better if you have also the email add of nissan japan president or anybody there whom we can properly address our problem. I have read our technical discussion section and it seemed that we all have common problems at an early life of our vehicles. Worst, problem na ito ng mga unang labas ( 2007, 2008...) and up to now?!! Halatang hindi ginawan ng corrective action ng nissan ung mga problema! Nag "wait and see" mode sila and simply replace kung may mag co-complain. Swerte if pumasok ka sa warranty period, paano pag hindi na?

rungiem

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:47 am

rungiem wrote:Good day! With regards to the evaporator leak, is it normal for a young car like mine ( 25k km odometer reading/ 2yrs old as of march 31, 2012 )
to have such a problem? I mean, does this happen also to other brand of cars? Have called mantrade today and told me that the car is ready for pick
up this mid afternoon. By the way, correction on my previous email, the GL in nissan shaw with evaporator leak has 40k km reading ( not 25K km ).
A change of steering coupling at 1K km, now a "thug" sound again when turning right ( similar to the symptom before they change steering coupling ),
a noticeable rise on the right front carpet/flooring when turning right on the road shoulder (caught once by me and my passenger), rattling sound, whistling sound when running 120+Km/hr(intermittent), smoke entering the cabin ( corrected na naman, nga lang, matindi and mist sa lower part ng winshield that you need to wipe it para mawala and clear the vision ), ..... ano naman kaya ang susunod? I am now planning not to get the car yet from mantrade and request to the top management to have my car undergo a thorough qulaity check and drive test in their road testing facility in sta rosa.
Daig ko pa ung bumili ng second hand na car sa dami ng beses na pagpapaayos! Worst, di naman nila sinasagot ung gasolina mo papunta sa service center nila.
Does anyone here know the nissan sta rosa email address of their president? Better if you have also the email add of nissan japan president or anybody there whom we can properly address our problem. I have read our technical discussion section and it seemed that we all have common problems at an early life of our vehicles. Worst, problem na ito ng mga unang labas ( 2007, 2008...) and up to now?!! Halatang hindi ginawan ng corrective action ng nissan ung mga problema! Nag "wait and see" mode sila and simply replace kung may mag co-complain. Swerte if pumasok ka sa warranty period, paano pag hindi na?

There are certain batches that come out problematic in all cars and not just for a particular brand. I would suggest that you go to another Nissan service center such as shaw as I know some of the people there and have helped rectify some of the issues you just mentioned. If you want, I can also go the shaw so I can also see your concerns and help you raise your concerns to Nissan motor, Philippines if shaw is not able to rectify the issues of your GL. Your car's warranty is there for a reason and you have to utilize it to ensure that all problems you report is rectified to ensure safe operation. I have the same experience before that some components of my GL have been checked, corrected and replaced. It is frustrating if a service center is not able to rectify an issue immediately nor give us the instruction to wait and see. However as customers we also need to patiently provide feedback to car manufacturers so they can improve their products and services as well as be open minded that sooner or later the problems you are reporting will be solved soon.

You can send an email to NMPI here: info@nissan.com.ph.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  rungiem Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Tnx for the nissan email ad. I actually got my GL from shaw and moved to mantrade for some reasons.
Got my GL already and so far the aircon is ok. I've set my temp to 3/4 only and get somewhat the same
cooling effect compared to my maximum setting before the aircon broke down. Well, maybe because the whole
aircon system is now new. The "thug" sound when turning right did not come out during our test drive. But I've
noticed last thursday that there is only a certain turning angle when turing right and the thug sound comes out.
Not during full turn. I guess i have to wait and make the sound more evident before bringing the car back
again to the dealer. "Sana lumabas na ung problem habang nasa warranty period pa".
Do you hear also a squeaking sound on your driver seat when resting your back on and off the back support?
Have complained this also before and they tried to solve the problem but still the squeaking sound just got worst
as days goes by.That was last june. And only last tuesday i've found out that my headrest has a big problem also. I cant pull it up
to adjust the height. I was able a bit but by force using two hands. Pushing it down even when button is pressed unlock,
still its hard also. I was cleaning the car interior and seats and headrest then when i see the problem. Have called mantrade
but they deny that they've touched the headrest. Only the joint mechanism they said. Have to bring it back again for them
to see the problem.
I'd like to have the whole driver's seat replaced since its under warranty but mantrade says its not a major problem
( the squeaking sound ) and quite tolerable therefore my request is somewhat can't be done but they'll try to fix it again?!
My point is, major problems sprung from small problems if not corrected. And as long as the squeaking is there, sooner or later,
the squeaking sound will get worst until such time that it's no longer covered by warranty. That's why I want it replaced at this
early stage.

rungiem

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi sirs! I'm experiencing aircon problems too at 28Tkm.
Had refill the freon (P900 cost), to monitor the problem.
After barely two weeks nawala na ulit yun lamig.

Seems common yun ganitong issue around this mileage.

Was thinking to hvae it repaired outside, kaso sa nabasa ko rito parang pahirapan makahanap ng parts for our GL.

Is it still the same situation now? (mahirap pa rin aircon parts ng GL?)

Would really appreciate it if anyone could recommend an aircon shop (near Bicutan, paranaque)?

Thanks!

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:51 am

Sir Voltz,
Try mo sa Ceejay, Las Pinas infront of UNIWIDE. Doon ko po pinagawa ang aircon ko at nalinis at naayos naman po nila.
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:15 am

thanks sir mark. i missed to mention, kamusta yun pagbaklas ni ng dash sa Ceejay?
I am worried baka may masira na plastic at baka mag karoon ng rattle yun plastic dash if hindi nila kabisado san babaklasin?
Because of the high price sa casa, i am really tempted to go have the repair outside, worry ko lang yun baklas ng dashboard.(maselan ba baklasin)?

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi rungiem, I had the squeaking sound on the driver seat before and it was very irritating. I believe I had resolved the problem by spraying WD40 on the support beams under the seat. Right away it was gone, until now for 3 years. Then again, we may not have the same problem, just sharing and hope it might help.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Sirs, how much does it cost for evaporator repair or replacement? Seems to have the same problem now. Thanks
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum