Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ziebart Sound Proofing

4 posters

Go down

Ziebart Sound Proofing Empty Ziebart Sound Proofing

Post  rungiem Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:24 am

Hi, has anybody tried Ziebart sound proofing? Is it really effective?

rungiem

Back to top Go down

Ziebart Sound Proofing Empty Re: Ziebart Sound Proofing

Post  jedsky Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 am

I haven't tried it yet but I believe its effective, ang sabi kasi sakin sa ziebarts nung nag pa undercoat ako is 4x daw ang kapal ng application ng sound barrier over the normal undercoating so mas malaki possibility na it can really eliminate road noises. For our livina its around 8k for that job.
jedsky
jedsky

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

jedsky wrote:I haven't tried it yet but I believe its effective, ang sabi kasi sakin sa ziebarts nung nag pa undercoat ako is 4x daw ang kapal ng application ng sound barrier over the normal undercoating so mas malaki possibility na it can really eliminate road noises. For our livina its around 8k for that job.

Taas pala ng price, san ba ang application nito?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 am

I really like to install sound deadening/soundproofing. The road noise was terrible specially at highway speeds. Then I realized the culprit was the stock tires (bridgestone b250). They are very noisy and uncomfortable. Last month I changed to a softer tire, Yokohama Aspec A300, and decided to upgrade tire size as well to have wider footprint, thus enabling to absorb more impact from road imperfections.

Although there are compromise between performance and comfort. Old tires (bridgestone b250) have more grip and able to handle spirited turning, it also have higher speed index value (H), but they are noisy and mostly gives a harsh ride due to the fact they are hard tires. The new set of tires (yokohama a300) are more comfortable, perhaps the quietest tires I had, with less vibrations from small road imperfections, more load index value but less speed index value (S). This may be attributed to the fact that it is softer. Then I learned it does not handle sporty driving style, they tend to lose grip on fast turns (I noticed the car would sway a bit on the opposite direction of the turn, then eventually swerve a bit). Well, GL is not a sports car hahaha. Pardon for the OT part please.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  jedsky Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm

aln wrote:
jedsky wrote:I haven't tried it yet but I believe its effective, ang sabi kasi sakin sa ziebarts nung nag pa undercoat ako is 4x daw ang kapal ng application ng sound barrier over the normal undercoating so mas malaki possibility na it can really eliminate road noises. For our livina its around 8k for that job.

Taas pala ng price, san ba ang application nito?

sir sa mga doors and sa ilalim ng livi natin.
jedsky
jedsky

Back to top Go down

Ziebart Sound Proofing Empty sound proofing alternatives

Post  rungiem Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Aside from ziebart, what alternative material can we use available in the market and where can we can get them cheaper?
Like in the area where our spare tire is located, what's the best material to put there as matting to lessen the road noise?

rungiem

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:11 pm

@jedsky,

ah ok sir, ito ba yung parang flashband din?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down