Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SQ audio

5 posters

Go down

SQ audio Empty SQ audio

Post  blisscord Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm

hello guys and good day!
anybody into car audio & home hifi? to certain degree i'm into these hobbies & was hoping there are others sa loop who are more into SQ.

unfortunately my GL is still under warranty, but actually kating-kati na ako mag-upgrade kahit fronts lang to a better set.

my other ride has only 'modest,' entry-level budget mods: morel fronts, pbass rears, focal/auditor amp, kenwood kdc-series HU, and jl audio sub. installs were done at sun-x, jc car audio, & mickey's. hiwa-hiwalay kasi the shops don't carry all the gears that i have a preference for.

so may i ask, what are your upgrades sa sounds ng GL niyo sirs if any?
and if that's the case...pa-audition naman dyan!
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

SQ audio Empty Re: SQ audio

Post  aln Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

hmmm... yung akin "pilit" at budget meal lang talga. first to upgrade was the front speakers with a/d/s seps from jefftan, definitely worth the upgrade. second was the HU, pinalitan ko ng 2din LCD lightning lab na china from tsikot accessories. satisfied naman ako with the added features like LCD monitors, bluetooth, tv tuner and GPS pero nabitin ako sa sounds. now me nakuha akong inifinity subs na powered na pero nagkamali ako kasi malaki siya so hindi ko matatago. still thinking of going to a audio shop para ma customize yung installation niya. all of the audio upgrade was done na under warranty pa yung GL, hehehe.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

aln wrote:hmmm... yung akin "pilit" at budget meal lang talga. first to upgrade was the front speakers with a/d/s seps from jefftan, definitely worth the upgrade. second was the HU, pinalitan ko ng 2din LCD lightning lab na china from tsikot accessories. satisfied naman ako with the added features like LCD monitors, bluetooth, tv tuner and GPS pero nabitin ako sa sounds. now me nakuha akong inifinity subs na powered na pero nagkamali ako kasi malaki siya so hindi ko matatago. still thinking of going to a audio shop para ma customize yung installation niya. all of the audio upgrade was done na under warranty pa yung GL, hehehe.

pres, nagpakabit ka din ba ng ampli?
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

aln wrote:hmmm... yung akin "pilit" at budget meal lang talga. first to upgrade was the front speakers with a/d/s seps from jefftan, definitely worth the upgrade. second was the HU, pinalitan ko ng 2din LCD lightning lab na china from tsikot accessories. satisfied naman ako with the added features like LCD monitors, bluetooth, tv tuner and GPS pero nabitin ako sa sounds. now me nakuha akong inifinity subs na powered na pero nagkamali ako kasi malaki siya so hindi ko matatago. still thinking of going to a audio shop para ma customize yung installation niya. all of the audio upgrade was done na under warranty pa yung GL, hehehe.

pres, nagpakabit ka din ba ng ampli?
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

^^ wala pa sir, yung subs ko me amp na yun pero hindi ko pa napakabit.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am

so puwede pala hehe, ma-sounds kasi ako na tao kaya medyo yan hilig ko.
pero sa sasakyan ayaw ko ng bumabayo na bass - dun tayo sa relax, nice & easy.

i passed by jeff's place last sat. p.m., window shop muna. very competitive pa rin mga gear ni jeff,
as before he is one of the 'go to' guys when it comes to working on a budget, but he is also very capable
of doing high-end installs too. another shop if i may recommend is sun-x in v.luna. the shop is run by
eric del rosario, a certified international EMMA judge, one of their entries some years back was a vios with
all-Targa gear on a budget of 15k and it won out over other entrants including one with an all-Focal
install costing over 100k! well at least that's how the story goes...in the end nasa install pa rin daw yan.

ok na yan mga powered sub to complement your fronts, i also had one before and basta maayos tono maganda
SQ, basta hindi 'boom-boom' ang sounds and just to help out the main speakers achieve a wider range sa lows.

kabit na yan sir president - sabi nga ng iba, once you have bass to augment your fronts, there's no coming back!
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm

uy salamat sa referral ng shop sir, nag-hahanap nga ako sa KAC ng shop kaso baka hindi ako pansinin ng posted shops dun hehehe. ok ba sa SUN-X and reasonable naman price?

actually SQ din habol ko. a little boom boom lang kaya kumuha ako ng powered sub, yun lang nga namali ako sa sukat.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm

ur welcome boss!
ok sa sun-x, prices are little higher as compared to jefftan's but quality of the installation
is loads better and mas sulit in the long run. very accommodating yan si eric and so far sa lahat,
siya ang naka-tono ng matino sa previous setup ko considering i only had basic gear then:
front seps & powered sub in the back, no amp but lumabas ang tunog despite headunit power lang.
he'd also give you an overview of the merits and shortcomings of your current system after the deed
and loads of advice on your possible, future options. parang objective and constructive critiquing.
ang magandang tanong nga niya nung napadaan ako is:
kumusta sounds mo? may nagbago ba or may kulang? how do you want it to be?
then he'll give you ideas...wala lang ako nung funds to realize those ideas...hehe

system tuning, for me it would a toss-up between sun-x & jc car audio in san juan. quality of install
mas ok si jc car. these two shops are very flexible sa clients, mapa-high end or budget meal, meron.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 pm

oo nga pala, i've also auditioned the demo car of spin car in banawe, around mid-2011 pa yun. naalala ko lang, a/d/s ang seps niya sa altis na yun: very airy and 'lutang' ang vocals, very smooth & sweet-sounding highs, ganda! kaya lang amplified na, also with a/d/s amp.
too bad i already had seps, and was looking for a 4-ch amp. the owner (tatay) was an old-school car audio enthusiast, while his son handles the audio installs. another good shop to try out also sir.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

i caved in to the upgrade bug,
front seps swapped out and deadened the front doors.
that'll do...for now. Very Happy

blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 pm

blisscord wrote:i caved in to the upgrade bug,
front seps swapped out and deadened the front doors.
that'll do...for now. Very Happy

musta tunog sir, mas naging buo at malinaw noh? san ka nagpa-deaden ng doors and noticeable ba yung effect?

thanks
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 am

good a.m. pres:
yup, huge difference especially with deadening.
i tried focal's new offerings and compared to the previous models
they sound 'warmer' for just a bit. dynamat was used to deaden the doors.
install done by jc car audio, which is very close to my place.
bitin pa rin dahil HU power lang, but of course lalabas lang talaga
tunog niya if paired with a proper amp so eto looking for options and
given the budget, step-by-step na install. decided to step it up a notch
against my other ride. undecided but i plan to compete this year, hopefully.

notes from the installer: ang GL natin maganda ang dashboard - flat and mahaba,
for a deeper soundstage. and the a-pillar is wide, maganda rin for placing tweets
and mids if going 3-way seps. i'll just see how it turns out eventually if ok nga.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

hi sir blisscord

i am too into car SQ audio and had competed before sa mga EMMA pero naging too expensive na for me but for my other car.
La pa setup yun livina ko kase once you've start to upgrade something, tuluy-tuloy na ang upgrade itch.
Magagaling yang mga shop na binanggit mo *bow*.
If I may include, MACH2 audio also does this very well at a competitive price similar kay sunx.
Ang maganda rin kay Mach2. kse yun owner mismo ang hands-on sa trabaho.
Also, regarding the dashboard, I see also the advantage of the GL over some cars as you've pointed out (imaging, stage height, 3-way seps to maximize it).

Can you share photo ng setup mo sir?

sir aln, i guarantee na kahit full stock yun current mo, if you deadened your doors, huge improvement to the midbass area, then next would be to upgrade your seps.
Morel tempo is my personal vouch sa bang for the buck seps.

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm

good day to you sir voltz!

mach2 is also a great place bro. kailangan din talaga ng expertise & personal touch ng owners sa mga install.
i go in and out of the scene, mostly for personal enjoyment lang but naisip ko, out of curiosity & may kasama na
ring payo from 'sulsultants' try ko nga mag-compete, maranasan lang ba.

pics - sorry boss no visible changes done yet, fronts pa lang & still looking for the right gear...
i'll make another dedicated thread na lang once medyo presentable na, sa ngayon oem look pa rin e.
sana by summer ok na.

agree, upgrade talaga hirap pigilan hehe. i stopped the itch with my other car dahil...
nalulong naman ako last year sa home hifi! waah! heto balik naman sa kotse.

morel tempo cheers din ako - parang benchmark na status nyan for entry level.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

i've been following this thread on diyma:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/127473-tendean17%92s-nissan-grand-livina-2007-17-speakers.html

very detailed build thread - the sub enclosure is nice but i'd like a simpler, oem/stealth install,
as if nothing changed - tago. pure audio and no distracting installs.
the interior is exactly sa HS, baliktad lang siempre.

TL ako sa gear lalo na sa panny HU na de-tubo!
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  dexy_doodle Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks sa link.

Ganda ng build. Yup ganda ng headunit. napaisip tuloy ako sa de tubo ng HU. hehehe. Pwede! Surprised

dexy_doodle

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 am

there's one selling sa sulit pre-owned,
parang bagay na bagay sya sa GL natin hehe.
17 speakers - puede na tirhan yun GL nya - very nice.

blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  dexy_doodle Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:55 pm

On nga kita ko sa sulit....lupit ng presyo 45k!

HU hunting mode pa naman ako. Pero need ko may DVD player o kaya may usb/micro sd port para sa movies ng mga kids.

Gusto ko makita finish product nun dashboard dun sa build. Na mention ba nya parameters ng tuning?...nose bleed na kasi ako sa haba ng babasahing technical hehehe Information overload na Razz

dexy_doodle

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 am

oo nga with 45 biggies you have other, newer options with more tuning features.
hindi ko rin binabasa, but sa 17 na speaker drivers and the center channel, sinehan yan hehe.
using the ms-8 processor...ayos yan build nya.

if i may ask bro pala what category ka sa emma before?
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 pm

halimaw naman sa setup yun, hehehe... bili na lang ako ng bagong A/V reciever sa bahay, hehehe...

@all, me idea kayo sa gawa ng autointensity? me nagtayo kasi dito sa Fairview mas malapit sana sa amin.

thanks
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 pm

ang alam kong autointensity sa banawe, baka nag-branch?
i have a co-member (other car club) whose set-up is by them
but i haven't listened to it.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 pm

blisscord wrote:ang alam kong autointensity sa banawe, baka nag-branch?
i have a co-member (other car club) whose set-up is by them
but i haven't listened to it.

napakabit ko na yung sub ko sa autointense. ok naman gawa nila yun nga lang malaki talga yung powered sub kaya no choice kung hindi ipatong sa likod. nagpagawa na lang ako ng bagong board kung saan i-mount yung sub. yoko butasan yung OEM cover. happy naman ako sa tunog kahit papano, nabitin lang yung me ari ng shop sa HU ko (china kasi), limited audio controls. hehehe
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  blisscord Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 am

nice one sir & congrats!
buti hindi mo ipinagalaw yung cover,
pagawa ka na lang ng custom mdf/fiber na kasukat
nun para walang space issues in the future.
yung HU na multimedia pagdating sa tuning options
medyo mabibitin talaga but as long as you're happy
ayos na yan setup mo boss.
ako ngayon am thinking about going back to stock sa
sounds nung isa ko so i might dispose of some items
na hindi ko gamitin sa GL.
post ko na lang if ever anybody's interested.
blisscord
blisscord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum