Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road

2 posters

Go down

rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road Empty rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road

Post  quiescent Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 pm

I have noticed that when I stopped on inclined road, and after releasing the brake pedal, while still in Drive mode, GL tends to roll backward.. is there anyone had experienced the same ?
quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road Empty Re: rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road

Post  yoogix Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Depending on how high the slope is, and how much load or how many passengers you have with you. Usually I experienced this with 5 or more people plus groceries. Or when the climb is stiff. But when its just me, kaya naman ni GL mag hanging pag traffic without using my brakes on inclined roads.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road Empty Re: rolling back while in "Drive" in inclined road

Post  quiescent Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 pm

it happens to me while stoping at inclined road, around 20 to 30 degrees, one passenger Lang...upon releasing the brake, I noticed that GL tends to move backward.. is it a symptoms of low power or torque sa GL natin kaya? before nmn, di ko na experience yun as I used to pass that way always when going to school.
quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm

There can be many causes sir. Better have it checked by mechanic. Some possible and most likely (but not definite) cause can be any of the following:

- at idle, there is not enough engine power to provide torque for the wheels to hold the climb. engine idle speed for GL as stated on the manual and on the sticker located right under the hood is at minimum 750 rpm when operating temperature is reached (when the blue temperature light turns off after start-up). Getting lower idle speed can be from a dirty air-filter element, too lean gasoline-air mixture, dirty throttle body. Or it just needs a tune-up by resetting the idle speed back to 750 rpm or to a higher setting (800 rpm as you desire, but this may translate to higher fuel consumption) at a nissan casa.

- slipping clutch. There is not enough friction between the clutch plates. (how old is your GL?) clutch slippage usually happens as the vehicle age. Unless it is really driven hard all the time, it can happen earlier.

otherwise, worst cases would include the transmission itself. When was the last you have AT Fluid changed? GL was scheduled at 80,000 kilometers. I had mine replaced during my 65,000 pms. Its just a paranoid me :)just making sure our Livi will stay with us and serve us for many more years.

Just my two cents. A certified nissan mechanic will be able to provide better diagnostics. Smile

Last edited by yoogix on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idle rpm should only be at 750 rpm and 800 rpm)

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  quiescent Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm

thanks Sir for those info... i will site those possible causes sa CASA..

also, maybe you can suggest a good mechanics or shop for 2nd opinion
quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

Post  quiescent Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

anyway sir, my GL will be turning 4 yrs old this coming April, current mileage is 31500 km,. . I changed the ATF about 2yrs ago.., due to findings of metallic burs on it..
quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum