Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GL rim

3 posters

Go down

GL rim Empty GL rim

Post  steel pulse Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi guys. Can you help me on this?
I'm presently using 17" rims with 205/45 tires. When it's time to replace the tires, I plan to get 205/50 tires. But I'm worried na baka sumagad na doon sa platform ng coilspring sa front.
Is there any one here using 17" rims or larger? If so, please give me some insights.
Thanks.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

GL rim Empty Re: GL rim

Post  chualie Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Sir this question would most likely be answered by the tread of conversation on Upgrades and modification category on page 4 of "Best mags n tire for ur GL "Topic. Kindly check it out Sir.

The tire calculator as shared by Sir eggy reyes is very informative. My conclusion is as long as the upgraded tire/mags that you'll be putting is within the 3% allowance on the diameter of the stock mags/tire of our GL, it would mostlikely fit with no rubbing issues. That's just my opinion Sir. HTH.

Here's the link on the Tire Calculator Sir:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 pm

move ko lang sa technical discussion.

actually pwede yun 50 series as long as tama yun offset ng mags. get a lower offset mags or yun mas nala labas sa frame like +30 and below malamang hindi na tatama sa spring perch.

yun nga lang disadvantage nun is magiging incorrect ang reading ng speedometer mo, tataas ang fuel consumption and babagal sa acceleration
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 pm

badtoy wrote:move ko lang sa technical discussion.

actually pwede yun 50 series as long as tama yun offset ng mags. get a lower offset mags or yun mas nala labas sa frame like +30 and below malamang hindi na tatama sa spring perch.

yun nga lang disadvantage nun is magiging incorrect ang reading ng speedometer mo, tataas ang fuel consumption and babagal sa acceleration

@badtoy:

Thanks. Your insights are well-appreciated.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum