Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Design modifications for New GLs

+9
zbrando
xuaeenr
miaerr
aln
eggy_reyes
chualie
steel pulse
yoogix
ultramagnus
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Design modifications for New GLs Empty Design modifications for New GLs

Post  ultramagnus Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Good day to All!

Would just like to share, especially for prospective new buyers browsing the site.

We just got out GL last week and we are very satisfied with this vehicle! It's been pure driving pleasure!

However, apparently, there are design modifications for New GLs:

1. No more lid cover for front console cup holders (under the lighter and in front of the hand brake) -

We noticed that the lid cover for the front console cup holders is missing. We thought they just forgot to install it. When our SA got back to us, we were informed that as of March this year, Nissan has re-designed the GL and did away with the lid cover for all variants! We were even shown the memo. Explanation given by their service superintendent (Sirain daw po kasi sir kaya nagpasya silang tanggalin na lang . . .) Apparently, if the lid gets broken for any reason, the only way to replace it is to replace the entire assembly! (from the console all the way to the cup holders for the the 2nd row seats at the back of the hand brake) Of course, we are very disappointed. The console looks weird. Kasi unang tanong nung mga nakakakita dun sa sasakyan "San na yung takip nyan?". In fairness to our dealer, they are offering to replace the assembly with a new one coming from a stock model which still has the lid. Ipagpapalit. Pero alangan na kami kasi babaklasin yung sasakyan e bagong-bago pa. So ingat po dun sa mga may takip pa yung console! Smile

2. Dual SRS Airbags for Luxury variant -

We opted for the Luxury variant. The spec sheet shows that it only has airbags in the driver side. But our unit says SRS airbag on the passenger side as well. When we asked our SA, she told us new Luxury variants now come with dual airbags! We still asked her to confirm. If its true, it will more than make up for the missing lid. Smile
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Design modifications for New GLs Empty Re: Design modifications for New GLs

Post  yoogix Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 am

That sounded a good deal for the Dual SRS airbags on the Luxury variant. We got that variant but only have the driver side with airbag. As for the lid cover, thank you for the update sir, iingatan ko na from now on, medyo malakas pa naman ako mag hampas nun pag sara at pag bukas, as in hinahampas ko, heheh aliw kasi ako sa tunog pag open and close. Susme, buong assembly pala yun! thanks ulit sir.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 am

@ultramagnus:

Thanks for the info. We'll be very careful with that lid from now on.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:59 am

I abuse opening and closing that lid, kasi dun lagi nakalagay celpone ko and mga coins. Dyos ko po! buong assembly pala yun pag nasira. From now on it will be handle with care..

Thanks for that info.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 pm

sayang yun ah... ang ganda pa naman ng lid na iyon.

pero confirmed nga ba yan? kasi when I bought my GL last April may lid pa rin naman. pero ang napansin ko yung display unit wala.... tinanong sa showroom personnel ang sabi eh tinatanggal lang daw nila. baka nga kasi sirain or nakawin... similar to manual display cars of toyota lahat walang shift knob kasi either kumikintab sa kakasubok magkambyo ng mga buyers or yung iba daw nananakaw.

nainggit din naman ako dun sa dual SRS. Sad pero good news yan for new buyers. Smile

thanks for sharing....

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:41 pm

No problem guys. Glad to share para naman makapag-ingat kayong mga maswerteng may lid pa ang mga console. Smile

Clarification lang po, still awaiting confirmation from our SA if indeed the new Luxury variants already come with dual airbags. Hopefully will know for sure next week. However, from the way it looks, mukhang meron talaga e. I mean, they wouldn't label it tapos walang actual airbags, would they? And as far as I know, you can't put airbags on a model that didn't come with one in the first place right? (makapag-post nga ng pics para mas clear . . . try ko po later . . . )

@eggy_reyes: according to the service superintendent we talked to, hindi daw pwedeng tanggalin yung lid without dismantling the entire assembly. Our first option kasi was to get a lid from them, any lid kahit luma, basta malagyan lang. Their boss was willing to give the lid of his own GL pero yun nga, di daw nila matanggal man lang without dismantling the unit. i just talked to him over the phone and have not had the chance to re-inspect a unit that has a lid to confirm this. Yung sayo ba sa tingin mo pwedeng tanggalin lang? If indeed you can take it out, then I'd have to get back to my dealer.
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Here are the pics:

This is what the passenger side dashboard looks like:

Design modifications for New GLs Dsc_8512

It clearly states SRS Airbag on the lower right.

Design modifications for New GLs Srs_ai11

Now if it turns out that this thing doesn't have actual airbags, then this is clearly very deceiving for buyers and owners alike, at the very least.

Here is the lidless console:

Design modifications for New GLs Dsc_8513

From what I was told, the actual inner cup holders were black before, where the lid is attached. I believe if the lid gets damaged, you can just replace that together with the lid itself. However, I was told that if you replace that, the whole assembly needs to be disassembled and replaced since they come out of production as a set. Notice how there are no more provisions now in the new one to attach anything.
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:09 pm

my SA told me about the passenger airbag being available on the luxury model early this year pero it was by "accident" daw sa plant. minsan daw kasi ang dumadating sa kanila is yung me airbag sa passenger side and parang "nagka-mali" daw sa plant or over-production something. not sure ha... siguro they decided to install it na lang para isang gawaan na lang sa part nila yung dashboard for the luxury and elegance models.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  miaerr Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm

we have the luxury variant. We bought it 2 years ago, pero may SRS airbags dn naman sa driver side eh Very Happy so 2 years ago pa lang, meron nang airbags ang passenger side hehe

hnd na maganda tignan kapag nwalan ng lid ang cup holder Sad lucky for old owners na meron pa hehe. I will start taking car of the lid from now on. Thanks for the heads up Very Happy

correction elegance variant pala sa amin kaya pala may airbags hehe Razz

Last edited by miaerr on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
miaerr
miaerr

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

miaerr wrote:
correction elegance variant pala sa amin kaya pala may airbags hehe Razz

hahaha! kaya naman pala! Smile

aln wrote:
my SA told me about the passenger airbag being available on the luxury model early this year pero it was by "accident" daw sa plant. minsan daw kasi ang dumadating sa kanila is yung me airbag sa passenger side and parang "nagka-mali" daw sa plant or over-production something. not sure ha... siguro they decided to install it na lang para isang gawaan na lang sa part nila yung dashboard for the luxury and elegance models.

well, that "accident" worked very nicely for us (and future luxury model buyers!). Smile just got confirmation from our SA that our unit INDEED has dual airbags! woohoo! unfortunately, she cannot give assurance that all future luxury models will have the same. mukang tama ka nga Aln, nagkamali nga lang planta sa production and perhaps they're just rolling out the overruns kung baga. so to all prospective buyers, better ask your SA first. sayang din!
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm

swerte nga nung mga naka-kuha nun. sana nung kinuha ko yung elite ko eh meron naman airbag sa driver side... hahaha...

@ultramagnus
punta ka sa EB ha...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:03 am

I have a 2010 Luxry variant, is it possible to have another SRS for the passenger side by custom? Any ideas on this and how much?

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:57 am

xuaeenr wrote:I have a 2010 Luxry variant, is it possible to have another SRS for the passenger side by custom? Any ideas on this and how much?

hmmm, i dont think this can be done outside sir. mukhang sa dealer ka pa din dadaan...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:23 am

@ultramagnus Sir ang ganda ng body color ng GL nyo Silver its so rear na makita ako ng ganyang color ng GL. Sa Interiors naman parang iba yun color ng leather upholstery dun sa front dash where the airbag sign is located yours is more on the grayish shade mine is brownish like color on the front dashboard where the vent for the windshield are.

Mag ka-iba po ba ng color ang interiors ng different variants ng GL? wel except for the leather seats.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 pm

@ultramagnus - sir ganda color ng GL nyo, is that silver? yan first choice ko kaso hindi pa available nung kumuha ako last march..

Sir attend kyo sa sunday para madagdagan colors ng GL pagnagpicture taking tayo..

Thanks!!
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:24 pm

@xuaeenr: someone once told me (SA of toyota yata) that you can't put airbags on a vehicle that wasn't designed to have one in the first place. But I suppose magagawan at magagawan ng paraan pero sa tingin ko sobrang mahal ang cost.

@chualie: yes, the dash is on the grayish side. I believe may slight difference nga sa colors nung dash for the different variants.

@zbrando/chualie: yes sirs, the body color is light silver. We were very happy when we were informed that that color just became available when we were finalizing our order. We first saw it displayed at Nissan Q. Ave pero sabi samin its only available for the elegance variant. We inquired with Nissan Mantrade and they were the ones who confirmed na meron sila for the luxury variant kaya we got our unit from them. I think we're one of the firsts to have a light silver GL. Smile

Mga sirs, so sorry I wasn't able to attend the EB earlier. I came from a trip to Iloilo kasi and wasn't feeling well when I got back. Ang dami kong nakitang GLs dun and ang poporma! While there, I wanted to meet up with Steel Pulse sana but sadly my schedule did not permit. I dropped by Nissan S&J though and found out he was having a new Navi/DVD set installed. Lahat na yata ng upgrades nagawa na niya! Would have loved to check out his GL. Next time siguro and attend na din ako next time! Smile
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 pm

no problem, next time sir attend ka na ha Very Happy
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 am

UPDATE: Due to the missing lid on our GL, our SA gave us a free back-up sensor (two holes with monitor). Smile

We also got our portable Navi with back-up camera installed already. Very nice gadget! It works just like the one they install on the Roadmaster edition, only smaller. But it works for me because since it's portable, you can use it even with another vehicle or even when walking! It also doubles as a video, music and flash player, picture viewer and e-book reader.
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 am

sir pa-post naman po picture nung "portable navi"... thanks Smile
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:43 pm

@ultramagnus, nice deal na yun sir...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Wow that's a great offer!
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 pm

As requested by sir Dbanker, here is the picture of our portable Navi:

Design modifications for New GLs Dsc_8514

The thing it attaches to is the charger and the bluetooth transmitter for the camera. It doubles as the monitor for the back-up camera installed at the back beside the rear plate number:

Design modifications for New GLs Dsc_8610

You can unplug it and detach it from it's mount and take it along with you. Here is a picture when it's on navigation mode (3D):

Design modifications for New GLs Dsc_8517

You can also view it top-down. When moving, there will be a solid red line indicating the path you should take to your desired destination. The navi gives you both visual cues (arrows and distance to go) as well as audible cues (a female voice tells distances and when to turn). It will even tell you when to take flyovers or underpasses or if you're going into a runabout (rotunda) and what exit to take. It orients the map to face in front of you and automatically recalculates a different path if you missed a turn. Very nice gadget! Irritates the heck our of my wife when I activate it even though we know exactly where we're going! Hahahaha!

@Aln and Chualie: Yes, the free back-up sensor with monitor is a great deal indeed! And it came with no prodding from our SA. Sensing our disappointment over the lidless console, she went ahead and had it approved on her own, to our utmost delight! She really gives great after sales service. She even has our vehicle picked up and delivered every time! Smile
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 am

thanks sir... wheW!!! ang ganda! cheers
(sabihin mo na kay kumander mo na vina-validate mo lang yung navi kaya mo ni-o-ON kahit na alam nyo ang daan hehehe) Smile
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 am

ganda sir....
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 pm

dbanker wrote:thanks sir... wheW!!! ang ganda! cheers
(sabihin mo na kay kumander mo na vina-validate mo lang yung navi kaya mo ni-o-ON kahit na alam nyo ang daan hehehe) Smile
aln wrote:ganda sir....

Thanks guys! At first, when I heard they were throwing it in for free, I though it would be some cheap novelty item. Was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be a very useful gadget. Smile
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum