Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

+10
aingles
badtoy
steel pulse
eggy_reyes
marckd1
chualie
Emm
yoogix
welscua
aln
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) - Page 3 Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  skipper Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 pm

yoogix wrote:Hi, mine was replaced under warranty on 2010. But now, I have the same problem. The quotation given to me is 9k for the parts (steering joint), and 1k for the labor.

Pinag iisipan ko pa, since according to SA, hindi naman daw critical or makaka affect ng performance and safety kung hindi ko pa ipapagawa for now.

Boss san yung 1k na labor? Called up Nissan Gallery and the labor they gave me cost P2,500. Pull down daw ng steering joint to tighten up. Meron daw work around which I think na mas OK since parang flaw sa design ng steering talga ng Nissan ang problema natin. They will put a hose sa coil spring ng GL natin. Still contemplating on what to do... hmmmmm......

skipper

Back to top Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) - Page 3 Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  skipper Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi Folks!

Can anyone recommend a shop na maayos gumawa for the steering noise... Ayoko ng CASA at dami nilang palpak.
Tapos hindi mo pa nakikita kung ano ang pinagagawa nila. Last time brought my GL to Nissan Shaw about sa problem ko sa steering noise eh hihigpitan lang daw yung sa steering joint at sandali lang daw gagawin yun wala pang 1 hour. After 20-30 mins bumalik sila sinabi na binaba daw yung steering joint at hinigpitan na daw nila pero may tunog pa rin daw, so, kelangan na daw palitan! Parang duda ako at ang bilis nila gawin. Atsaka parang lalong lumakas yung ingay after...

Anyway, may mga GL owners na ba dito na pinagawa nila yung ganiotong problema nila sa ibang shop? atsaka may mga after market parts ba to? saan po kaya makakabili? ang mahal kasi ng OEM.

Help please!

Skipper

skipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm

skipper wrote:Hi Folks!

Can anyone recommend a shop na maayos gumawa for the steering noise... Ayoko ng CASA at dami nilang palpak.
Tapos hindi mo pa nakikita kung ano ang pinagagawa nila. Last time brought my GL to Nissan Shaw about sa problem ko sa steering noise eh hihigpitan lang daw yung sa steering joint at sandali lang daw gagawin yun wala pang 1 hour. After 20-30 mins bumalik sila sinabi na binaba daw yung steering joint at hinigpitan na daw nila pero may tunog pa rin daw, so, kelangan na daw palitan! Parang duda ako at ang bilis nila gawin. Atsaka parang lalong lumakas yung ingay after...

Anyway, may mga GL owners na ba dito na pinagawa nila yung ganiotong problema nila sa ibang shop? atsaka may mga after market parts ba to? saan po kaya makakabili? ang mahal kasi ng OEM.

Help please!

Skipper
The part which you are referring to is the steering coupling and it is really an easy part to replace (about 15-20 minutes on my GL). From my personal experience, it was the mechanic from Nissan Shaw who able to solve the steering noise and was replaced under warranty. The steering coupling issue is acknowledged and is replaceable under warranty if the suspected noise occurs within the warranty period. If the part however failed after the warranty period, it is in the discretion of service adviser to warrant a replacement if the component was part of the batches found to prematurely fail. If you have doubts about the assessment from the mechanic, get a 2nd opinion from your trusted shop...if not another Nissan service center. At the end of the day if a failed component needed replacement and is no longer covered by warranty then it is in the discretion of the owner to make a decision whether to replace it with OEM or replacement if ever there is any in the market. However as a word of caution, other shops (non Nissan shops) will not give you any guarantees on the part nor service done on your car resulting to a much more expensive repair bill.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3