Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's your fuel consumption?

+13
sonn15
Emm21
xuaeenr
flyball
Lydemer
quiescent
Mr. SMITS
welscua
eggy_reyes
chualie
zbrando
cht2wenty4
aln
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what's your fuel consumption? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's your fuel consumption?

Post  quiescent Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 pm

atoyboy29 wrote:mga sir pag brandnew ang gl talaga ba na malakas sa gasoline mine is 320k pa lang sa odo ko ang fc ay 6.7 kilometers per liter is this normal? Question

Hello sir,

My FC is almost the same din since i acquired my GL last year April, now @10Km odometer still the same pa rin, seems very low.. thats when am using Petron Xtra Unleaded .. but just 2 weeks ago i tried Petron Blaze and my FC seems to improves to 8.7 kpl, combination drives, city with some waiting time and long driving, daang hari / cavite / SLEX to mandaluyong.. i noticed also na malakas humatak ang GL using the blaze and even can reach upto 90-100 kph while @ 2000 - 2300 RPM lang..., as much as possible i tried to limit my RPM to 2000 pag di naman kinakailangan mag overtake or todo arangkada once nag green light na during traffic.. am not sure if this will help to improves the FC..
quiescent
quiescent

Back to top Go down

what's your fuel consumption? - Page 2 Empty fc

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 5:34 am

quiescent wrote:
atoyboy29 wrote:mga sir pag brandnew ang gl talaga ba na malakas sa gasoline mine is 320k pa lang sa odo ko ang fc ay 6.7 kilometers per liter is this normal? Question

Hello sir,

My FC is almost the same din since i acquired my GL last year April, now @10Km odometer still the same pa rin, seems very low.. thats when am using Petron Xtra Unleaded .. but just 2 weeks ago i tried Petron Blaze and my FC seems to improves to 8.7 kpl, combination drives, city with some waiting time and long driving, daang hari / cavite / SLEX to mandaluyong.. i noticed also na malakas humatak ang GL using the blaze and even can reach upto 90-100 kph while @ 2000 - 2300 RPM lang..., as much as possible i tried to limit my RPM to 2000 pag di naman kinakailangan mag overtake or todo arangkada once nag green light na during traffic.. am not sure if this will help to improves the FC..
I think something is wrong with our gl, i asked my sa yesterday he said to wait till 1000k and they will do some adjustments,

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 am

Do fuel additives help FC? or the enginer in general? Additives like STP?

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Thu May 12, 2011 3:30 am

I mean do fuel additives like STP help in the fuel efficiency and overall performance of the car?

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun May 15, 2011 9:16 am

xuaeenr wrote:I mean do fuel additives like STP help in the fuel efficiency and overall performance of the car?

there are different types of additives, one of which is the injector cleaning. i think these are not recommended for brand new cars.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

what's your fuel consumption? - Page 2 Empty fuel consumption

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 pm

wow after 1 k pms my gasoline went longer 14 to 15 kilometers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 am

atoyboy29 wrote:wow after 1 k pms my gasoline went longer 14 to 15 kilometers cheers

nice to hear that sir, nag-improve na FC mo.

aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

I went to Baguio last weekend. Here's my consumption readings:

Manila to Baguio - 289 KMS - Fuel consumed 16 Liters = 18km/Liter
Baguio to Manila - 301 KMS - Fuel consumed 15 Liters = 20km/Liter

On the way back to Manila, I had to make a side trip to Malolos Bulacan and drop off pasalubongs for my mother in law.

Given the figures above, this shows that proper driving habits such as not being too heavy on the throttle can work wonders in getting a very good fuel consumption. Now my GL is clocking 19.8K in its odometer reading and would be undergoing 20K service check up.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 am

taas niyan sir ha... nung ako sa dagupan nasa 14kms/li lang ako (napabilis kasi, sarap ng 6 speed), hehehe...

aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm21 Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Kailan ka nagpunta sa dagupan pres? Dinaanan mo sana ako andito na ako sa calasiao ngayon. Dito ako nakaassign.
Emm21
Emm21

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Emm21 wrote:Kailan ka nagpunta sa dagupan pres? Dinaanan mo sana ako andito na ako sa calasiao ngayon. Dito ako nakaassign.

ganun ba sir, nung april ako nagpunta pero overnight lang kami sa bahay ng lola ko.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm21 Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Ok pres. Pag papasyal ka ulit dagupan sabihan mo ako mini eb tayo he he. Dala ka sticker. Para hindi OT.. 40k na natakbo ni GL di ko pa napapaservican. Pero consistent ako sa 14 km/liter.. Calasiao, pangasinan to Ilagan, isabela
Emm21
Emm21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

Went to Clark last Sunday then to Plaridel and back home. Yesterday I went back to Clark again and gassed up in Petron Marilao. The odometer clocked in at 261.5 kilometers and the amount of fuel consumed is 15 liters which translates to 17.43 kilometers per liter. Not bad and my GL is nearing 25K PMS check up.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri May 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Lydemer wrote:Went to Clark last Sunday then to Plaridel and back home. Yesterday I went back to Clark again and gassed up in Petron Marilao. The odometer clocked in at 261.5 kilometers and the amount of fuel consumed is 15 liters which translates to 17.43 kilometers per liter. Not bad and my GL is nearing 25K PMS check up.

ang baba pa din ng mileage mo chairman... sigurado ako ngayon tataas na yan, hehehe... nice FC ha
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm

aln wrote:
Lydemer wrote:Went to Clark last Sunday then to Plaridel and back home. Yesterday I went back to Clark again and gassed up in Petron Marilao. The odometer clocked in at 261.5 kilometers and the amount of fuel consumed is 15 liters which translates to 17.43 kilometers per liter. Not bad and my GL is nearing 25K PMS check up.

ang baba pa din ng mileage mo chairman... sigurado ako ngayon tataas na yan, hehehe... nice FC ha

Thanks!
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Kakainggit ang mga FC nyo mga sirs.

Yung 10-month old GL ko, 6 to 7 km/l lang sa city and 12 km/l lang sa highway. Sad
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm

@sonn15,

madaming factors to consider para maka-achieve ng magandang FC like type of fuel, road conditions, parking (kung babad sa araw) and driving conditions. so pwedeng isa sa mga yan ang cause kung bakit mataas ang FC mo.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm

aln wrote:@sonn15,

madaming factors to consider para maka-achieve ng magandang FC like type of fuel, road conditions, parking (kung babad sa araw) and driving conditions. so pwedeng isa sa mga yan ang cause kung bakit mataas ang FC mo.

Agree on this one. Fuel is also a consideration. I get better mileage on higher octane fuel (95 and above). You may need to test different fuels to determine which one suits your needs. For me, I switch between Petron Blaze and Nitro plus/racing fuels. To give you an example, my odometer has clocked in 400 km and my GL's fuel reading is within 1/4 before empty which translates to 3/4 fuel consumed using Nitro plus fuel. The driving conditions is mixed with heavy traffic and highway driving. Trips clocked are: Tagaytay from Cainta and back, Cainta to Hagonoy and back, Cainta to the Fort and back and Cainta to Marikina and back. On the next fill up I'll compute the mileage. I would estimate it between 11-12 km per liter consumption. To me that is not bad as my GL is fully loaded all the time and traffic in Tagaytay was horrendous wherein we got caught in a 2 hour traffic on our way up and on our way home from Hagonoy, we got stuck in traffic in Balintawak due to the SM sale.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

aln wrote:@sonn15,

Drove from Pasig to Cagayan Valley and back for the New Year. Total odometer reading is 1603km. Used up around 98.24 Liters of premium gas (XCS/Gold/Premium). Assuming I need 38 Liters to fill up the tank, that would mean I consumed 136L of gas.

1603/136 = 11.78Km/L

Probable factors to the high FC:
1. Heavy traffic (in the metro, town proper of Bambang/Bayombong/Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, and city proper of Tuguegarao City and Cauayan City)
2. Idling (Made a bad decision to leave the engine on while waiting for our takeout. 20 minutes ata kami naghintay.)
3. Super slow trucks in 2-Lane Highways. Kelangan apakan ng matindi ang gas para makapag-overtake.
4. Heavy-footed dad who drove half of the way from Cagayan to Pasig.
5. Heavy-footed me. Very Happy

sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 pm

sonn15 wrote:
Drove from Pasig to Cagayan Valley and back for the New Year. Total odometer reading is 1603km. Used up around 98.24 Liters of premium gas (XCS/Gold/Premium). Assuming I need 38 Liters to fill up the tank, that would mean I consumed 136L of gas.

1603/136 = 11.78Km/L

Probable factors to the high FC:
1. Heavy traffic (in the metro, town proper of Bambang/Bayombong/Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, and city proper of Tuguegarao City and Cauayan City)
2. Idling (Made a bad decision to leave the engine on while waiting for our takeout. 20 minutes ata kami naghintay.)
3. Super slow trucks in 2-Lane Highways. Kelangan apakan ng matindi ang gas para makapag-overtake.
4. Heavy-footed dad who drove half of the way from Cagayan to Pasig.
5. Heavy-footed me. Very Happy

Always turn the engine off kapag more than 5 minutes ka maghihintay, remember 1.8 ang makina ng GL natin malakas sa gas yan kapag naka idle.

I used my father's chevy venture when I went to angeles last december, it was fast and grabe ang konsumo sa gas 8km/l mostly highway pa yun. Kaya pagbalik ko at gamit ko na ang GL feeling ko sobrang tipid ko sa gas hehe.
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Bin Diesel wrote:
Always turn the engine off kapag more than 5 minutes ka maghihintay, remember 1.8 ang makina ng GL natin malakas sa gas yan kapag naka idle.

I used my father's chevy venture when I went to angeles last december, it was fast and grabe ang konsumo sa gas 8km/l mostly highway pa yun. Kaya pagbalik ko at gamit ko na ang GL feeling ko sobrang tipid ko sa gas hehe.

Couldn't turn the engine off kasi naiwan si kumander at ang chikiting sa loob ng car. pawisin pa naman si baby. Malaking bagay din talaga ung road conditions. I think I was able to do 17km/liter dati when we went to Mexico Pampanga. Fully loaded pa si Obiwan w/ 7 passengers.
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  Bin Diesel Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:35 pm

sonn15 wrote:
Couldn't turn the engine off kasi naiwan si kumander at ang chikiting sa loob ng car. pawisin pa naman si baby. Malaking bagay din talaga ung road conditions. I think I was able to do 17km/liter dati when we went to Mexico Pampanga. Fully loaded pa si Obiwan w/ 7 passengers.

14.5 km/l lang pinakamataas ko pauwing isabela. di ko kasi mapigilan sarili ko na humataw ng todo sa sctex at nlex.
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Bin Diesel wrote:
sonn15 wrote:

14.5 km/l lang pinakamataas ko pauwing isabela. di ko kasi mapigilan sarili ko na humataw ng todo sa sctex at nlex.

ako naman naiinip ako pag mabagal ung nasa harap kaya todo apak sa gas pag overtaking na
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:26 pm

City Driving Fuel Consumption as of January 27, 2012
Nissan Grand Livina 1.8 XR Luxury - 310.0KM / 40.90L = 7.58 KM/L
Route: Pasig to different malls in the metro w/ practice driving sessions with the wife
Baseline: Full Tank Petron XCS
Refill: Full Tank Petron XCS

25% improvement from the usual 6 KM/L that I got in Obiwan's first few months of existence. if I could get it to 9-10 km/l i'll be a happy camper.
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

^^ mag-improve pa yan sir, most AT users here ata are getting 9 or more sa consumption nila.

i tried XCS again and mas nag-improve ang FC ko kesa sa Blaze
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum