Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUEL GAUGE erroneous reading ?

+11
Voltz
nicolite
dreamur
botman
cht2wenty4
Lydemer
steel pulse
aln
chualie
yoogix
quiescent
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FUEL GAUGE erroneous reading ? - Page 2 Empty Re: FUEL GAUGE erroneous reading ?

Post  aln Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 pm

@voltz..

my guess is this is already normal, my gauge has been replaced pero after ilang months bumalik na din sa dati. just to be sure, study your consumption after filling up then get the average mileage para me idea ka na kung alanganin na yung gauge. ako kasi mixed city and hi-way eh nasa 400kms/li ang consumption ko.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

FUEL GAUGE erroneous reading ? - Page 2 Empty Re: FUEL GAUGE erroneous reading ?

Post  sonn15 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Voltz wrote:
aln wrote:
dreamur wrote:I'm using Petron XCS. Still experiencing reading error on the fuel gage. Had it replaced at Mantrade but still the same issue.

same with me, had the gauge replaced as well. parang ganun na talga ang guage natin, pag full tank mabilis bumagsak then saka magiging stable pag dating sa half.

Ito rin ang na noticed ko at nagpakaba sa akin nun first ako na nagpa full tank, sabi ko, bakit ang lakas yata nitong GL sa gas,(mas tipid pa yun sedan ko na 2.0).
Pero nun pagdating nga ng half yun fuel gauge, medyo hindi kasing bilis ng drain kumapara sa full tank.

Is this normal for everyone else ?

Yes that's true based on my observation (mabilis bumabas ung needle from full to half, then mabagal na from half to E). Also observed there would be about 10 to 12 liters left in the tank once umilaw na yung refill indicator. Can anyone confirm how many liters pa ung nasa tank pag umilaw na ung refill indicator?
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm

hindi ko sure kung 42 or 45 liters ang capacity ng tank natin
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ MATT Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

aln wrote:hindi ko sure kung 42 or 45 liters ang capacity ng tank natin

Pres 52 liters po.
DJ MATT
DJ MATT

Back to top Go down

Post  sonn15 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 pm

DJ MATT wrote:
aln wrote:hindi ko sure kung 42 or 45 liters ang capacity ng tank natin

Pres 52 liters po.

So mukhang tama nga observation ko. 10 to 12 liters ang laman ng tank when the refill indicator lights up. Very Happy
sonn15
sonn15

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:33 am

Hi LOOPers,

Regarding our GL's fuel gauge, I would like to share my observation as well. By the way, mine was replaced under warranty 2 years ago.

Now please take note that this is my opinion based on my own research and observations only. It may not be the same experience for all of us.

From what I understood, the actual floater is located inside the fuel tank. This floater is made up of metal parts and is lubricated by the gasoline. Depending on the quality of gasoline we put in the tank dictates the performance and life span of the floater.

With this in mind, my wife and I noticed that every time we fill up with XCS, shell nitro+ (previously premium), and other fuel brands that claim having a high concentration of detergents to help clean the engine, our LIVI's fuel gauge would become erratic either being always full or dropping to empty almost immediately after starting the engine.

Another However innate water in gasoline, having 10% ethanol blend may "potentially" introduce corrosion on metal parts. This is because due to properties of ethanol, an alcohol absorbs moisture or attracts water and have faster phase separation were water and alcohol separate quicker than petrol, this may contaminate our car's fuel tanks, lines, injectors, spark plugs, and other engine parts that come in contact with it. Just thinking about this, the floater is located inside the fuel tank. Also note on another thread I posted here, my spark plugs were now "rusty" literally. Well, that's another story, after almost 60k km, I am now just replacing my spark plugs.

Ethanol fuel blends have a certain expiration. I forgot how many days or months that is. So, one technique my wife and I practice is to fill up with stations and fuel that most people would use as this would mean that the stations fuel tank reserve does not sit very long is always refilled with new fuels.

Or, the safest practice we do is to fill up with fuel that has no Ethanol Blend. We are using right now for more than a year is Petron Blaze 100. No problems with my fuel gauge since then.

Also tried the cheapest Petron Xtra unleaded and our LIVI seems to be happy with it, although it contains E10 blend, many people fill up with this fuel so I am safe that the fuel is not sitting too long in the stations tank.

Just my 2 cents po.

Sources:

Googled the disadvantages of E10 blends. Note that i did not copy and paste but instead I tried my best to write it to the best of my understanding.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am

@yoogix, nice observation again sir. i noticed that also sa XCS and other unleaded (petron) fuels na me halong ethanol. dati kasi la pang halo ang XCS kaya yun ang gamit ko, kaso hinaluan na din kaya nag BLAZE na ako. lately i switched back to XCS and my FC improved although yung gauge is medyo sablay nga sa una.

@djmatt, thanks for the correction po. nasa 52 nga pala
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  manoktot Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm

mga sirs, ask ko lang po - recently (mga 2 weeks ago), napansin ko na medyo parang abnormal reading yung fuel gauge ko. Nagpa full tank ako tapos mga after 5 minutes nung umaandar nako biglang bumaba yung needle ko mag-isa up to almost half tapos umakyat ulit slowly.

Mga 2 times na ngyari sa wife ko na nasa 1/4 pa yung fuel gauge, tapos baba siya to almost empty so iilaw yung fuel indicator light, tapos babalik sa 1/4 ulit.

Sa nabasa ko po dito float yung problem so tumawag ako sa Nissan Westgate kanina to ask about it. Natapos yung warranty ko nung March 2013 so hindi daw covered yung float, mga 5.5k pesos wala pang labor.

Ganon po ba talaga ka mahal yun? Baka pwede pa share ng experience sa mga nakapagpalit na ng float. Nabasa ko rin on the first thread of this page na may recall yung mga fuel gauges for Livinas na 2010, sakto 2010 yung sakin. Applicable po kaya yun kahit sa malaysia yung website? Thanks in advance po.

manoktot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:31 pm

manoktot wrote:mga sirs, ask ko lang po - recently (mga 2 weeks ago), napansin ko na medyo parang abnormal reading yung fuel gauge ko. Nagpa full tank ako tapos mga after 5 minutes nung umaandar nako biglang bumaba yung needle ko mag-isa up to almost half tapos umakyat ulit slowly.

Mga 2 times na ngyari sa wife ko na nasa 1/4 pa yung fuel gauge, tapos baba siya to almost empty so iilaw yung fuel indicator light, tapos babalik sa 1/4 ulit.

Sa nabasa ko po dito float yung problem so tumawag ako sa Nissan Westgate kanina to ask about it. Natapos yung warranty ko nung March 2013 so hindi daw covered yung float, mga 5.5k pesos wala pang labor.

Ganon po ba talaga ka mahal yun? Baka pwede pa share ng experience sa mga nakapagpalit na ng float. Nabasa ko rin on the first thread of this page na may recall yung mga fuel gauges for Livinas na 2010, sakto 2010 yung sakin. Applicable po kaya yun kahit sa malaysia yung website? Thanks in advance po.

You could request for a replacement of this part from Nissan motors Philippines by calling or sending an email to their customer service email at info@nissan.com.ph and report to them that this could technically be a recall issue as your car falls within the 2010 year model. Please indicate that normally fuel floaters should not break down in such a short period of time unless there is something wrong in the design or construction of the unit. I hope you do get a resolution to your problem without spending too much or none at all. Good luck.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  manoktot Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks sir lydermer. I will surely try that. Hopefully I can get in on the recall kasi ang mahal pala nung fuel float. Thanks for the email, I will post a feedback here on how it goes. I'll email Nissan today.

manoktot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 pm

manoktot wrote:Thanks sir lydermer. I will surely try that. Hopefully I can get in on the recall kasi ang mahal pala nung fuel float. Thanks for the email, I will post a feedback here on how it goes. I'll email Nissan today.

Any update on this? Please send me a copy of your email at lydemer@gmail.com so I can forward it to someone I know in Nissan Santa Rosa and hopefully we can get faster traction on your issues.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  skipper Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 am

I am having the same issue.... Any idea how much does the floater cost? and labor to have it done sa CASA?
Thanks.

skipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:23 pm

kinda OT: 40L lang ba gas tank capacity natin?

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ MATT Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 pm

No sir Voltz it is 52L
DJ MATT
DJ MATT

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltz Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

thanks boss!Idea 

Voltz

Back to top Go down

Post  manoktot Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi mga ka-LOOP! Sorry for the terribly late update, been very busy over the past few months and actually nung Dec 30 ko lang napasok yung Livina ko for the fuel float change.

So basically, I brought my car nung Dec 30 at 8am, the SM told me the fuel float replacement was free (they diagnosed the car nung Dec 20), even if it was out of warranty already since I had a letter from NMPI instructing Westgate to check and replace the fuel float if found defective (which they did). Sabi balikan ko daw yung car around noon, I got a text from the SA that around 11am that it was ready na so I picked up the car and the fuel gauge was reading properly already. So far so good naman, my fuel float is now ok.

manoktot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2