Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiper Blades

4 posters

Go down

Wiper Blades Empty Wiper Blades

Post  jLagz Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Mga sir,

Need your expertise and advise on the matter, naupod na kasi yung driver's side wiper ko gumagasgas na sa windshield. Sabi sa casa for replacement na daw. Hindi sya under warranty pag wear and tear so sariling purchase daw. 1,140 yung left wiper tpos 896 yung right wiper. Recommended ba na sa casa ko din papalit or mas mura pag sa outside like banawe or concorde?

Kung palitan ko, may upgrade options ba ako na pagandahin/pormahan (not aware kc ako sa types ng wipers) or stick with the normal lang?

And regarding sa gasgas sa windshield, may way ba para matanggal pa yun?

Thanks in advance!

jLagz

Back to top Go down

Wiper Blades Empty Re: Wiper Blades

Post  blooperoo Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:11 pm

may older thread about wipers dito.

https://weareloop.forumotion.com/t272-wiper-blades-for-gl?highlight=wiper

or use the search feature. I use NWB for our GL. Hirap lang ikabit pero wipes real well. Check the thread for info on other brands and where they can be purchased.
blooperoo
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 am

jLagz wrote:Mga sir,

Need your expertise and advise on the matter, naupod na kasi yung driver's side wiper ko gumagasgas na sa windshield. Sabi sa casa for replacement na daw. Hindi sya under warranty pag wear and tear so sariling purchase daw. 1,140 yung left wiper tpos 896 yung right wiper. Recommended ba na sa casa ko din papalit or mas mura pag sa outside like banawe or concorde?

Kung palitan ko, may upgrade options ba ako na pagandahin/pormahan (not aware kc ako sa types ng wipers) or stick with the normal lang?

And regarding sa gasgas sa windshield, may way ba para matanggal pa yun?

Thanks in advance!

I agree with the comments of your SA on the wiper blades as these are indeed parts that has a certain amount of wear and tear which is not covered by warranty and is advised to be replaceable every 6 months. Now on the brighter side, casa also sells refills (which you can never go wrong with fit and compatibility with your GL) which can be installed by their mechanics. I suggest you go towards this route than do it on your own as the exercise is a bit difficult as I found out though the refills are a whole lot cheaper to acquire than the entire wiper assembly.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  jLagz Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks for the replies. Chairman how about the scratches on my windshield? Any ideas how to eliminate or lessen them? Autorestore product? Very Happy

jLagz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm

jLagz wrote:Thanks for the replies. Chairman how about the scratches on my windshield? Any ideas how to eliminate or lessen them? Autorestore product? Very Happy

Unfortunately I do not repair scratches on windshields. There are a couple of windshield repair centers available in banawe who performs such repairs as they need a diamond based compound polisher (ones used in polishing eye glasses) to repair scratches.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

@jLagz, malalim ba yung gasgas? i used the "banana type" wipers before pero sandali lang lumabo na din. i bought a Bosch na kasama yung frame, medyo mahirap kasi tanggalin yung gome pag refills lang eh.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  jLagz Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:07 pm

@chairman thanks for the inputs, will try to inquire re refills

@pres Mejo malalim na kasi visible na yung gasgas from the driver's seat e

jLagz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content