Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

+10
aingles
badtoy
steel pulse
eggy_reyes
marckd1
chualie
Emm
yoogix
welscua
aln
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) Empty Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:41 pm

My steering linkage was creating a noise as I turned the car, especially when turning in an incline. I reported this and the SA informed me that a replacement part will be installed and will be covered by warranty. For those who are experiencing similar noises, please ensure to mention this to your respective SA's. The replacement of the part took 30 minutes to complete. bounce

Back to top Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  aln Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Lydemer wrote: My steering linkage was creating a noise as I turned the car, especially when turning in an incline. I reported this and the SA informed me that a replacement part will be installed and will be covered by warranty. For those who are experiencing similar noises, please ensure to mention this to your respective SA's. The replacement of the part took 30 minutes to complete. bounce

thanks for the heads up, any direction ba ito sir as long as turning incline? malakas po ba yung sound?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Either direction, it creates the same noise. Mas predominant lang kung me incline lang.

Back to top Go down

Post  welscua Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Same here, may TOK sound coming from my steering wheel pag inclined yung road. Replaced steering joint free of charge during my 10k PMS (2 years).

I think may problema talaga ang steering joint ng GL kasi bago pa mga units natin marami ng nagkaproblema sa steering joint nila.

welscua

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 pm

I have the same problem. Nissan Westgate Alabang diagnosed this for me and is willing to replace this since it is under warranty. But the parts needs to be ordered some place else. We are just waiting for the parts to arrive. Question, how long does it take to replace the steering joint? Do I need to wait for a couple of days, or did this just took a few hours? Thank you for your replies in advance. Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  welscua Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 pm

sandali lang yang replacement, few hours lang yan. Yung sa akin ay isinabay ko sa 10k PMS but the steering joint arrived at around 4:30 pm kaya next day kona nakuha yung unit ko.

welscua

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 am

hmmm, so far wala pa naman ako naririnig sa akin o baka naman mahina lang ang pakiramdam ko kaya hindi ko ma-identify. hehehe.... casa can check it for me naman diba just in case like what happened to sir yoogix?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Ako naman may naririnig akong vibration coming from the steering. Hindi kaya ito ang problema ko din? Anyway papa 25k na ako. Ano ba scope ng 25k at how much estimated damage? di pa ako naka sked for change oil.
Emm
Emm

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 pm

aln wrote:hmmm, so far wala pa naman ako naririnig sa akin o baka naman mahina lang ang pakiramdam ko kaya hindi ko ma-identify. hehehe.... casa can check it for me naman diba just in case like what happened to sir yoogix?

That is right sir. What I did is that I told the service consultant to test drive my unit and check for noises, since we are hearing noises comming from behind and and under the steering wheel. Thats when they found out about the steering joint.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:52 pm

I have the same problem with my GL, I already advice my service advisor and indeed they notice it, for scheduling na GL ko for repair. No date yet.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:51 pm

I am at Nissan Westgate Alabang now and having the steering joint replaced as I type. Its still under warranty. I will post again here on how it turns out.Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:36 pm

yoogix wrote:I am at Nissan Westgate Alabang now and having the steering joint replaced as I type. Its still under warranty. I will post again here on how it turns out.Smile

Steering joint replaced for free. Noise is eliminated, steering is more convenient without the tugging sound. Also replaced rear park/break light bulb for 128 pesos (stanley brand 21/5watts, 12 volts).

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 am

How long did it take Sir, fixing the steering joint?
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 pm

i'll have mine check din on my 15k PMS.

@yoogix, why did you replace your rear park/break lights?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:32 am

@chualie.... it took 4 to 5 hours, peak hours and weekday kse nung pumunta ko, timing ko lang at naka leave kasi ako sa office. Pero it is supposed to be within an hour lang ginawa.

@aln.... park/brake lights ay pundido na, nothing wrong with wiring, they just need to replace the bulb.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Last Oct 5 i had my 20k pms and one concern was the evaluation of what's causing that steering noise, there diagnosis is to replace the coppling of the steering joint. Sa Plant mangagaling yung parts and sabi nang warranty personel no hassle naman kasi madaming daw nun sa plant so oorder na lang ang casa dahil out of stock na daw cla. I waited for one week for them to call me para ma sked na yun repair pag dumating na yung piyesa. pero there waqs no call.

I called them kanina and guess what? ubos na din daw ang supply sa plant kaya order pa daw sila sa japan. Would take 3 weeks minimum! boy that sucks!

Kung meron Loopers dyan na may similar problem sa steering noise, I suggest that u call ur dealer baka sakali meron pang naiwan na piyesa sa casa nila. Sa NGQA wala na... Crying or Very sad
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Same problem with my unit. According to Mantrade SA, they will call me once available na ang part. Last week ko pa ni request but until now no call from the them.
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 am

yan ang problema pag medyo bago pa ang unit, hirap kumuha ng parts....

@marckd1, musta na GL mo? nabalik mo na ba sa mantrade sa mga backjob nila?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm

yes Pres aln, nagawa naman lahat ng mantrade and mga reklamo ko and the SA also changed my Battery for free.
Yun na lang steering problem ang pending nila.

Last edited by marckd1 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:15 am

This message was sent to me by Sir Steel Plulse and we decided to post it here para mabasa din ng fellow LOOPERS:

Hi.
I'm new in this site and I read about several members' problem on steering noise.
I had the same problem on my unit (XV Elegance) sometime in 08. The first thing that the dealership (Nissan Iloilo) guys did was re-tighten all nuts and bolts. No go. Then they replaced the steering column (I was given a free replacement in 3 days). The noise went away for about one week and then recurred. Then they made an adjustment somewhere near the lower end of the front shock absorbers. The noise was eliminated but returned about a month after. Then they inserted a hose into the coil spring. The noise has been gone since. (It's been about 5,000 kms and counting)
I think Nissan Phils should re-design the platform for the front coil spring, or the coil spring itself, or both. My hunch is that the noise is produced by the slack of the coil spring on the platform. That explains why the noise manifests only when the steering wheel is turned, not on straightaways. The Nissan Iloilo mechanics seem to agree because they too cannot attribute the noise to other causes.
For the record, the Nissan guys and I have a sort of brotherhood brought about by this little incident. We don't B.S. each other, so, I have no reason to believe they think otherwise.
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

in my experience with my previous "binata" cars which I lowered, there are really different opinions in placing a hose to your springs. Believers say that this avoid "noise" between the platform and coils and in some cases between the first few coils themselves. Non-users however argue that putting a hose can cause early degradation of the coils as water tends to be trapped in the hose making it more susceptible to rust.

fyi only.

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm

eggy_reyes wrote:in my experience with my previous "binata" cars which I lowered, there are really different opinions in placing a hose to your springs. Believers say that this avoid "noise" between the platform and coils and in some cases between the first few coils themselves. Non-users however argue that putting a hose can cause early degradation of the coils as water tends to be trapped in the hose making it more susceptible to rust.

fyi only.

@eggy:

Nice input. Actually Nissan Iloilo told me that this "hose trick" goes back to their old Volkswagen days. The dealership used to sell Volks in the 1960's. For the record, I do not like to see a plastic hose wrapped around the front spring coils of my Livina simply because this is not my intention when I purchased it.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I dread the day na mangyari sakin yan may tumutunog sa steering. Ayokong mafeel na lugi ako sa binili kong GL
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

meaning hindi sufficient yung rubber cover/platform/gasket sandwiched between the platform and spring. that is assuming na merong ganun yung livina natin because that is a common part on all suspensions from other cars/brands.

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 pm

eggy_reyes wrote:meaning hindi sufficient yung rubber cover/platform/gasket sandwiched between the platform and spring. that is assuming na merong ganun yung livina natin because that is a common part on all suspensions from other cars/brands.

@eggy reyes:

Yes, apparently the coil spring and the platform area a common feature of all cars. But GL has an electric steering system -same with Suzuki I think- and both brands have this common problem. That's why NMPI must invest a little capital on developing a new suspension system for GL. I keep asking myself why I haven't come across this same problem with the Malaysian model of Livina (1.5 liter, 5 seater)
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next