Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

+10
aingles
badtoy
steel pulse
eggy_reyes
marckd1
chualie
Emm
yoogix
welscua
aln
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) - Page 2 Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  eggy_reyes Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am

naku just yesterday may naramdaman narin akong thug x 2 na tunog during full turns. ito na siguro yun. 8.8K kms palang yung livina ko. will advise casa during my 10K pms to check steering joint and column muna. hassle.

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) - Page 2 Empty Re: Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty)

Post  badtoy Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:32 pm

yun sakin, when I was backing up from my parking in MOA leveled parking area I turned the steering wheel all teh way to the left para mag maneobra. Since very smooth yun floor sa parking lot, naramdaman ko na twice sumayaw konti yun harap while at full turn and slowly backing up.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 pm

i'll be having my 15k pms bukas, papa-check ko ito. hopefully wala problema yung akin...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:23 am

positive yung unit when i had my PMS, so order pa ng parts then palit ng power steering joint. according to my SA, informed na daw ang Nissan Japan about this, not sure kung accurate ito.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:46 pm

aln wrote:positive yung unit when i had my PMS, so order pa ng parts then palit ng power steering joint. according to my SA, informed na daw ang Nissan Japan about this, not sure kung accurate ito.

@aln:

That's a good development. So, power steering joint ang problema natin. Hindi doon sa perch ng front coil spring?
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:25 am

steel pulse wrote:
aln wrote:positive yung unit when i had my PMS, so order pa ng parts then palit ng power steering joint. according to my SA, informed na daw ang Nissan Japan about this, not sure kung accurate ito.

@aln:

That's a good development. So, power steering joint ang problema natin. Hindi doon sa perch ng front coil spring?

Yup, coppling daw sa steering joint needs to be replace, yun ang sabi ng SA ko sa akin. By the way, WTH is a coppling?
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:59 am

chualie wrote:
steel pulse wrote:

@aln:

Yup, coppling daw sa steering joint needs to be replace, yun ang sabi ng SA ko sa akin. By the way, WTH is a coppling?

@aln:

Maybe the steering coupling is a part of the steering joint. The steering joint is the part of the steering column na tapat sa brake pedal. Maybe the SA did not show you the car part he intends to be replaced. He should have, so that the owner can also analyze whether that part to be replaced really ought to be replaced.

Also, maybe the SA's have different terms for the same part. Baka steering coupling ang tawag ng SA mo while steering joint naman ang tawag dun ng SA ko. It's an assembly, in fact, about one foot long, with hinge-like mechanism on both ends. It connect the upper part of the steering assembly to the part lower. It is a safety feature. My SA explained that the purpose of that hinge-like mechanism is that in head-on collision, the steering column will collapse and will not hit the driver.

That is the same part which Nissan Iloilo replaced in my GL to address the steering noise. It did not solve the problem. But I hope it works for you.

Mahirap kasi na ang vehicle owner is not allowed in the work bay. He is kept in the dark about the nature of the repair and the workmanship thereon. Ang sarap pagsabihan "Show me your repair and I'll show you my money."
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:17 pm

^^

yun ang hindi ko alam sir, maybe our SA's have different names for it. i agree na mahirap talga pag wala ka sa working bay nila. walang assurance from the owners end kung tama ba or talaga bang pinapalitan nila yung parts and at the same time hindi na-educate ng husto yung owners. no offense sa SA's pero minsan kasi hindi pa talga accurate yung explanations nila regarding sa problems ng mga owners.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  aingles Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi I'm new here. Got my Livina last June 23, 2010. Sometime around Oct I heard the same noise while the wheel is at full turn. Currently at around 3k+km but I was not able to bring it to the service center at 1k km. I'm currently pregnant and my weekends are spent either at the doctor or asleep hehe. Weekdays are not an option because it's hard to take a leave at the office. I found time today and went to the dealership and they informed me that my unit might no longer be under warranty because I did not bring it at 1k. They checked the car and said that it is indeed the steering joint that is the problem. Is is really out of warranty now because I didn't go to my 1k PMS? Has anyone else experienced this before? They said they cannot tell me for sure yet if they will replace it under warranty because I was late for my first PMS. This is really starting to annoy me because the car is on financing and it would be annoying to keep on paying for it when I experience problems with it only four months after purchase.

aingles

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:53 am

^^

hi ma'am and welcome to LOOP....

what dealer is that ma'am? madami owners dito me problem sa steering and majority of that is matagal na ang GL (as early as 2008 model). my GL was only diagnosed when i had my 15k pms and my dealer (nissan shaw) is only waiting for my availability to bring my GL back, so yung sinasabi ng SA sa dealer niyo po is mali. you can also refer to this topic click here wherein according to sir steel pulse posts, the steering noise will still be fixed by NMPI even after the 3 years warranty. please clear this out to your SA and dealer dahil covered po siya ng warranty considering na 2010 lang lumabas yung unit niyo po.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:04 pm

aingles wrote:Hi I'm new here. Got my Livina last June 23, 2010. Sometime around Oct I heard the same noise while the wheel is at full turn. Currently at around 3k+km but I was not able to bring it to the service center at 1k km. I'm currently pregnant and my weekends are spent either at the doctor or asleep hehe. Weekdays are not an option because it's hard to take a leave at the office. I found time today and went to the dealership and they informed me that my unit might no longer be under warranty because I did not bring it at 1k. They checked the car and said that it is indeed the steering joint that is the problem. Is is really out of warranty now because I didn't go to my 1k PMS? Has anyone else experienced this before? They said they cannot tell me for sure yet if they will replace it under warranty because I was late for my first PMS. This is really starting to annoy me because the car is on financing and it would be annoying to keep on paying for it when I experience problems with it only four months after purchase.

@aingles:

No warranty because you did not bring your GL in for 1K PMS? That could be one of the worst bull stories of this century. My answer to your SA is this: Wait until the DTI hears about this. Then you'll know what "warranty" means.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  marckd1 Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:31 pm

welcome aingles to loop!

My unit is already 1year old and I'm just waiting for the availability of part for the said concern.

May we know what dealer is this Ma'am?
marckd1
marckd1

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 pm

steel pulse wrote:
aingles wrote:Hi I'm new here. Got my Livin
a last June 23, 2010. Sometime around Oct I heard the same noise while the wheel is at full turn. Currently at around 3k+km but I was not able to bring it to the service center at 1k km. I'm currently pregnant and my weekends are spent either at the doctor or asleep hehe. Weekdays are not an option because it's hard to take a leave at the office. I found time today and went to the dealership and they informed me that my unit might no longer be under warranty because I did not bring it at 1k. They checked the car and said that it is indeed the steering joint that is the problem. Is is really out of warranty now because I didn't go to my 1k PMS? Has anyone else experienced this before? They said they cannot tell me for sure yet if they will replace it under warranty because I was late for my first PMS. This is really starting to annoy me because the car is on financing and it would be annoying to keep on paying for it when I experience problems with it only four months after purchase.

@aingles:

No warranty because you did not bring your GL in for 1K PMS? That could be one of the worst bull stories of this century. My answer to your SA is this: Wait until the DTI hears about this. Then you'll know what "warranty" means.

x2 on the sentiments of steelpulse. nothing important is really done during 1K-pms. so sobrang BS!

actually... you can still play their game... bring it in for service (1K pms) kahit 4K kms na tatanggapin nila yan. then when you reach 5K kms kahit until 7K kms bring it back for the 5K pms with the complaint of steering noise. it should then still be under warranty and within their terms Smile

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  aingles Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

aln wrote:^^

hi ma'am and welcome to LOOP....

what dealer is that ma'am? madami owners dito me problem sa steering and majority of that is matagal na ang GL (as early as 2008 model). my GL was only diagnosed when i had my 15k pms and my dealer (nissan shaw) is only waiting for my availability to bring my GL back, so yung sinasabi ng SA sa dealer niyo po is mali. you can also refer to this topic click here wherein according to sir steel pulse posts, the steering noise will still be fixed by NMPI even after the 3 years warranty. please clear this out to your SA and dealer dahil covered po siya ng warranty considering na 2010 lang lumabas yung unit niyo po.

@aln.. My dealer is Nissan Shaw too. They said gagawan nila ng paraan to make it under warranty since I did not bring it in for my 1K PMS. I find that reason so unacceptable because the PMS has nothing to do with the steering joint does it? So it's two completely unrelated things to me. Tapos absent pa daw ang warranty officer so wala pa daw mabigay na feedback kung covered nga or hindi. Nakakainis.

aingles

Back to top Go down

Post  aingles Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="steel pulse"]
aingles wrote:No warranty because you did not bring your GL in for 1K PMS? That could be one of the worst bull stories of this century. My answer to your SA is this: Wait until the DTI hears about this. Then you'll know what "warranty" means.

I was planning on calling DTI about this. Kse ang bullshit talaga ng rason eh. Itext pa ako na yun daw ang reason bakit they were forcing me to bring it in for 1K PMS kse void na daw ang warranty ko if I dont.

aingles

Back to top Go down

Post  aingles Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 am

marckd1 wrote:welcome aingles to loop!

My unit is already 1year old and I'm just waiting for the availability of part for the said concern.

May we know what dealer is this Ma'am?

Bought it sa Nissan Shaw.

aingles

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 pm

@aingles

parehas pa pala tayo ng dealer, hahaha!!! crazy guys!!! i'll PM you my number and get your details as well, im going to talk to my SA regarding your concern... kahit wala yung warranty officer pwede nila gawin yan, no need for the warranty officer. very obvious naman that the unit is still under warranty...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  flyball Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 pm

yoogix wrote:@chualie.... it took 4 to 5 hours, peak hours and weekday kse nung pumunta ko, timing ko lang at naka leave kasi ako sa office. Pero it is supposed to be within an hour lang ginawa.

@aln.... park/brake lights ay pundido na, nothing wrong with wiring, they just need to replace the bulb.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DISMANTLE THE THIRD BRAKE LIGHT. I THINK THE BULB IS BUSTED AND HAVE TO REPLACE IT....PERO BIHIRA NAMAN ITO MAPUNDI, SO IS IT THE WIRING. ANYBODY EXPERIENCED THIS?

flyball

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 am

Finally my steering joint coupling was replace, after 5 months of waiting. No more tug sound. Thank God!
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 am

chualie wrote:Finally my steering joint coupling was replace, after 5 months of waiting. No more tug sound. Thank God!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

chualie wrote:Finally my steering joint coupling was replace, after 5 months of waiting. No more tug sound. Thank God!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Steering Noise found and fixed (under warranty) - Page 2 Empty steering noise

Post  skipper Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Good pm mga sirs.

Newbie here. Just want to know kung magkano damage ng parts and labor for the replacement of steering joints?
My GL is having the same problem right now. Hearing noise parang knocking sound and ramdam din sa steering wheel -- happening pag naka liko lalo na pag pababa or pataas.
Looking how to cut cost to fix this problem. Are there shops who are selling parts for this? and can other shops other than CASA can do this?

Thanks mga sir in advance!

Skipper

skipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolite14 Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 am

Is you GL still under warranty? I had mine changed last month and i did not pay anything because it is still under warranty, according to my SA around 10k with parts and labor if it is out of warranty i am not sure if it is true about the price

Nicolite14

Back to top Go down

Post  skipper Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks nicolite14! Not under warranty anymore. Haaayss..... gastos na nman! Any idea if there are aftermarket parts availble for this?

skipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi, mine was replaced under warranty on 2010. But now, I have the same problem. The quotation given to me is 9k for the parts (steering joint), and 1k for the labor.

Pinag iisipan ko pa, since according to SA, hindi naman daw critical or makaka affect ng performance and safety kung hindi ko pa ipapagawa for now.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next