Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aircon, HELP please

+7
steel pulse
dbanker
yoogix
aln
zbrando
chualie
rmd1316
11 posters

Go down

Aircon, HELP please Empty Aircon, HELP please

Post  rmd1316 Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Hello Peeps

Am newbie here, just checking, current AC of GL, is it sufficient to cover the 3rd row seats? How was it during the last summer, the hottest one I think?? Surprised

Will a dark tint help??

Thanks in advance!
rmd1316
rmd1316

Back to top Go down

Aircon, HELP please Empty Re: Aircon, HELP please

Post  chualie Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Sir, I never tried sitting at the 3rd row of our GL kasi lagi ako ang driver, so I asked my daughter kung mainit ba dun sa 3rd row sa tanghali kasi dun lagi pwesto nya. Her respose was, Pag nabilad daw sa araw yung GL It's really hot pero after a while it's getting better and better. If the GL is parked on a shaded area kayang kaya nya palamigin to.

Last summer ok naman kaya naman ng AC sa peak ng noontime basta galing sa shaded parking ang GL, kung nakabilad naman it would take a while bago lumamig. In general Kaya naman palamigin up to the 3rd row. Concern ko nga din yan nun bago lang GL namin.

Definitly tinting would help cool and protect the GL's interior from the sun / heat. I had my windshield tinted to pero not as dark as the windows and rear shield tint. HTH
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 am

Sir based sa passengers ko mas malamig sa 3rd row compare sa 2nd row.. Sabi nila mas naiipon ung lamig don kase sa 3rd row especially pag tinaas mo ung vent going to the ceiling..
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 am

Tints helps minimize heat intrusion from coming in the cabin so it is advisable to have one installed. Now with regards to aircon cooling capability of the GL, my son tells me that it reaches the 3rd row seat especially when the fan setting is set to 2 and above fan speed. A technique I use in order to speed up the cooling process after parking the car under the sun is to open all windows and open the blower at full speed for 2 minutes in order to dissipate the heat from the inside. Adjust the vent settings so it will reach the 2nd and 3rd row. At times the vents are directed and concentrated towards the front passengers, thus limiting the cooling effect in 2nd row and 3rd row. Once this is done, I turn on the compressor and close all windows accordingly. Once the desired temperature is reached, lower the fan speed to desired setting sufficient to maintain a temperature that is bearable and comfortable. My suggestion is to always communicate with your passengers in order to know their comfort levels since this will help you determine which fan speed settings (or at times temperature settings) to use when driving. The fan speed is there for a reason and its not unusual to set it to different speed levels in order to control or maintain cabin temperature when driving. At times, I also fiddle with the thermostat controls in order to reach the desired cooling or heating temperature for different driving conditions. Most of the time as drivers, we don't feel cold because driving requires concentration and the action of moving your arms and hands (to steer or shift gears), head (to view the road ahead and the side) and leg/foot (when pressing the accelerator or brake) raises your body temperature thus not aware that though you are comfortable your passengers may be freezing to death. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  rmd1316 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:50 am

Thank you so much to all who responded as this is major factor in deciding to get a GL vs another MPV.

Cheers! cheers
rmd1316
rmd1316

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am

agree... mas malamig nga minsan sa 3rd row. tamang positioning lang ng vents and adjustment ng fan speed and thermostat like what sir lydemer said will do the trick. kahit anong sasakyan naman basta nabilid sa arawan eh mainit talga sa umpisa. also, since me filter pala ang aircong ng GL natin sa loob kailangan din malinis lagi para malakas ang buga...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I agree that the GL's aircon is sufficient to cool the whole cabin. and as Lydemer said, as drivers, i most of the times feels hotter than my passenger. my passengers (wife, baby, parents and maid) are complaining that its too cold and they are freezing Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:02 pm

also to maintain fan speed, have the filter cleaned regularly.. say every 3-mos... Smile
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:32 pm

dbanker wrote:also to maintain fan speed, have the filter cleaned regularly.. say every 3-mos... Smile

Correct sir. In another thread, I was suggesting that the AC filter be cleaned every 5K PMS.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  xuaeenr Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 pm

This is TRUE! Had my AC filter cleaned during my 10K PMS and almost 1 year since I go the unit. Suddenly ang lamig and ang lakas ng buga. Kilig to the bones. I'll have this cleaned every 5k then. Also replaced by the 20k.

xuaeenr

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 pm

xuaeenr wrote:This is TRUE! Had my AC filter cleaned during my 10K PMS and almost 1 year since I go the unit. Suddenly ang lamig and ang lakas ng buga. Kilig to the bones. I'll have this cleaned every 5k then. Also replaced by the 20k.

Sir depende sa driving environment, the A/C filter can last up to 30k. I think mine lasted that long. Basta ipa clean lang with pressurized air every 5K PMS. My casa does not charge me with the cleaning. I just give a small tip to the mechanic.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

steel pulse wrote:

...xxx Basta ipa clean lang with pressurized air every 5K PMS. My casa does not charge me with the cleaning. I just give a small tip to the mechanic.
+1 ako
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Aircon, HELP please Empty INTERMITTENT

Post  rexm Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Greetings! Just want to share my horrible experience with the SA of my GL. Had been complaining about the cooling system of GL since last March 2010. After having my AC filter replaced again last Dec 2010 (2nd time) I went back again after 2 weeks and have my AC checked coz' am still experiencing intermittent cooling. Finally, it was not the filter but it was the thermal switch of the blower. Since the switch can't be bought alone the blower must also be included. Replacing the whole thing will cost 40k, fortunately for me am still covered by the warranty. The SA made the report for replacement and in turn will advise me once the blower is in place. Got the call after a week and was advised it will take 4-5 hrs. So drove my GL last sat and when work was done i ask the SA if i could see the old blower and agreed upon my request. After consulting with the technician, i just found out the blower was not REPLACED. The SA again informed me that the problem was only the thermal switch and not the blower. But their recommendation was to change the whole thing. Just wondering what will they do with blower? In fairness, lumamig na ulit pero ibalik ko daw GL para palitan ung blower.

rexm

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:02 am

rexm wrote:Greetings! Just want to share my horrible experience with the SA of my GL. Had been complaining about the cooling system of GL since last March 2010. After having my AC filter replaced again last Dec 2010 (2nd time) I went back again after 2 weeks and have my AC checked coz' am still experiencing intermittent cooling. Finally, it was not the filter but it was the thermal switch of the blower. Since the switch can't be bought alone the blower must also be included. Replacing the whole thing will cost 40k, fortunately for me am still covered by the warranty. The SA made the report for replacement and in turn will advise me once the blower is in place. Got the call after a week and was advised it will take 4-5 hrs. So drove my GL last sat and when work was done i ask the SA if i could see the old blower and agreed upon my request. After consulting with the technician, i just found out the blower was not REPLACED. The SA again informed me that the problem was only the thermal switch and not the blower. But their recommendation was to change the whole thing. Just wondering what will they do with blower? In fairness, lumamig na ulit pero ibalik ko daw GL para palitan ung blower.

at least malamig na ulit sir! pero mukhang rumacket ng free part yung SA or mechanic ng dealer nyo. kahit willing sila palitan narin, they will still waste 4hours of your time tsk!!

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

@rexm,

sir, are you the one that i met last sat sa Shaw? si allan ito sir, hehehe... buti at ok na aircon mo pero i think they should have consulted you first before making a decision on replacing just the thermal switch. i agree with sir eggy, either racket or speedy fix lang ang ginawa.

btw, welcome pala sa LOOP sir
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Aircon, HELP please Empty Yup, ako nga yon. As per your suggestion, medyo na late pa nga mag register. Btw may mababago ba sa lamig pag yung blower ay pinalitan? Thanks

Post  rexm Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 pm

aln wrote:@rexm,

sir, are you the one that i met last sat sa Shaw? si allan ito sir, hehehe... buti at ok na aircon mo pero i think they should have consulted you first before making a decision on replacing just the thermal switch. i agree with sir eggy, either racket or speedy fix lang ang ginawa.

btw, welcome pala sa LOOP sir

rexm

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:10 pm

honestly, wala naman siguro mababago kasi yung thermal switch talga ang cause ng problem mo sa aircon. hindi lang tama ang ginawa ng SA at mechanic mo on not telling things first before they do something. dapat nasa iyo ang decision.

if i was in your position and sinabi nila muna sa akin ang situation, i will consider the replacement of the switch alone and not go through the long hours/days na gagawin nila sa pag-replace ng blower by pulling down the dashboard.

aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Aircon, HELP please Empty thermal switch

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 8:59 am

mga gurus tanong ko lang ang aircon ng gl ko mahina magpalamig i am just wondering if baka thermal lang ang problem when i have my 1k pms i ask my sa to do the aircon kasi mainit at mahinang mahina lang ang buga ng number 1 and i have to switch to number 3 tuloy naka pagpalagay ako ng tint . ang init kasi madali lang kaya nila gagawin ang thermal switch o aabutin ng mga ilang oras

Last edited by atoyboy29 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additionals)

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun May 22, 2011 9:58 pm

^^ sir yung buga lang ba ang mahina o yung lamig? kung buga lang baka pwedeng yung filter lang. pero masyado ata maagang dumumi ng filter kung nasa 1k pa lang. ano sabi ng SA mo nung nabanggit mo yung sa aircon?
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  welscua Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 am

katatapos lang ng 15k PMS yung GL ko, normally, kasama yung a/c (pressure/leak check & filter cleaning) sa check list nila. I observed na kapag after ng PMS ng GL ko ay may improvement yung lakas ng hangin ng a/c kasi nalilinis nila yung filter. Malalaman mona nilinis nila yun by putting minor/personal things sa glove compartment then magugulo yun or ilalagay sa plastic kasi they need to remove the glove compartment para maging accessible yung air filter.

welscua

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down