Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GL problems and dealership action

3 posters

Go down

GL problems and dealership action Empty GL problems and dealership action

Post  steel pulse Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 am

Hi guys. I'm starting this post partly as an offshoot of Sir Badtoys complaint on Mantrade's service. This contains the problems manifested by our GLs and the action taken by our respective casa's and the efficacy of each action. At the end I hope to consolidate the result and identify which problem was not solved by which casa which may have been solved by another.

Unit: GL Elegance
Date purchased: July 14, 2008
Dealership: Nissan S @ J Motors, Iloilo

GL Problems and corresponding Solutions introduced by S @ J Motors:

1. Outside smoke coming into the cabin - cable latch closing the aircon vent was reduced. Problem solved.
2. Thugging sound on the steering wheel during full turns - replaced the steering joint; problem not solved. Inserted hose into the front coil springs; problem solved.
3. Dirt coming inside the engine compartment - closed the gap with gum; problem solved.
4. Discolored steering wheel - steering wheel replaced
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

GL problems and dealership action Empty Re: GL problems and dealership action

Post  badtoy Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 am

Here's mine

Unit: GL Elegance
Date purchased: June 30, 2010
Dealership: Nissan Mantrade

GL Problems and corresponding solutions introduced by Mantrade:

1. Dirt and mud inside engine bay near the fuse box driver side - replaced missing clip on front fender splash guard. The clip was not there in the first place but Mantrade charged me 40 pesos for the clip.

2. wiggling steering wheel on full u turn on very smooth pavement such as mall parking - replace steering coupling as per NMPI advisory but there is still a very slight wiggle when making a full turn or very smooth and grippy pavements especially in Mall of Asia covered parking.

3. mud accumulates below filler cap - never solved because. Mantrade service just cleaned up the mud. No solution for this

4. Exhaust from other vehicles and outside fumes coming inside cabin. - Mantrade adjusted cable and flaps.

5. Fuel indicator - a headache, please see my other post.

6. Creaking sound while idle on P or N or D while stepped on brakes - Mantrade retorqued blts on axhaust pipes flanges. Creaking sound did not disappear. Dealer still assessing

7. Screeching sound while applying brakes during fast approach. - Seeing that the rotor has some stains, Mantrade suggested a reface but I objected and I wanted replacement.

8. Wire connecting to rear defogger disconnected from weld/adhesive/solder mysteriously. - Mantrade just reattached it but I do not know if they soldered in back or just used glue. SA informed me that I should not declare that I had the car washed and the rear door glass wiped that may have caused it to detach or it will void warranty.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

@ badtoy:

"Dirt and mud inside engine bay near the fuse box driver side - replaced missing clip on front fender splash guard. The clip was not there in the first place but Mantrade charged me 40 pesos for the clip."

"Exhaust from other vehicles and outside fumes coming inside cabin. - Mantrade adjusted cable and flaps."

Sir, were these solved?
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 pm

The dirt inside the engine bay was resolved. Now I dont see any mud now even without covering spaces between the uneven fit of the splash guards under the fenders.

Exhaust fumes coming from the outside seems to have subsided after the adjustments were made.
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  dbanker Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Here's mine

Unit: GL ELite (M/T)
Date purchased: Nov 29, 2008
Dealership: Nissan Jose Abad Santos (Mla)
Nissan Mantrade (Mother Unit/Parent Co)

I already had two(2) minor accidents and luckily Nissan Mantrade were able to handle it both in a tolerable period; however for PMS, dun ako sa Nissan Balintawak which i can say na very oks naman ang service...

Will try to recall items related to the topic; just allow me to let you know na nakasubaybay ako sa topic neto at dun sa other topic related to this... Very Happy
dbanker
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down