Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems encountered in my GL..

3 posters

Go down

Problems encountered in my GL.. Empty Problems encountered in my GL..

Post  Emm Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 am

Lately maingay na brake ko sa harap ( right side ). Napansin ko din yung Navarra kapit bahay ko maingay din. Ganito kaya talaga nissan? Tapos may rattling sound ( mahina pa naman ) sa ilalim ng preno at accelerator. Pag tumatakbo naman ako sa dirt road, maingay pinto sa likod. Papacheck ko ito sa 25k pms ko. Anybody here with the same experience? Post nyo rin mga na encounter nyo problema..
Emm
Emm

Back to top Go down

Problems encountered in my GL.. Empty Re: Problems encountered in my GL..

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Causes of noisy brakes are often associated by brake dust or dirt accumulating in the pads which oftentimes requires cleaning only to rectify. Other causes are worn pads, grooved disk or dirt/rust accumulated in disk. Especially this rainy season, we should have the brakes checked and cleaned especially now flooding is frequent.

Now the noise in the back can just be caused by back seat not properly seated or items in the compartment (spare tire, jack or tools) not fixed in its storage. Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post  miaerr Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 am

ang brakes ko dn maingay lately. I think it is dirt accumulation or just rusty just like what sir Lydemer said or probably just because it is parked open air and nbabasa ng rain water kaya resulting to rusting dn. should have rust protection...wonder where to get that, may nakita akong advertisement na 3M rust protection paint. is it effective?
miaerr
miaerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 am

^^ Yung ingay sa brake ko lumabas after ko mag pa 20k pms which include brake cleaning. Yung sa likod naman sa pinto ko natrace. Yung ingay nya parang partially close lang ang pinto sa likod at everytime nalulubak eh tumutunog din sa may lock. Check ko rin mabuti.

Thanks mga loopers sa feedback.
Emm
Emm

Back to top Go down

Post  cht2wenty4 Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 am

nag ingay rin yun brakes ko before ako mag 1k pms.. nilinis lang nila tapos ok na ulit.. pero may narinig akong rattling soound before ako mag 5k pms.. kala ko sa engine so pinachekup ko.. and ang maingay pala is un exhaust sa ilalim mejo maluwag.. so ginawan lang nila ng paraan, dinagdagan lang ng bushing tapos sabi sakin observe ko muna kasi pag nagingay pa rin daw papalitan na yung buong exhaust system(manifold to muffler). and napansin ko lang ulit kagabi na maingay pa rin pag naka idle, same pa rin un rattling sound as before.. i'm in my 7+++km, Shall i wait for my 10k pms o dalin ko na agad sa mantrade?
cht2wenty4
cht2wenty4

Back to top Go down

Post  Emm Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Ang suggestion ko sir tawag mo na sa CASA. Para mai order na pamalit nyan at pag dating PMS mapalitan na lahat ng dapat mapalitan.. Cool
Emm
Emm

Back to top Go down

Post  miaerr Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 pm

palitan mo na yan sir habang under warranty pa para walang excess na gastos Laughing
miaerr
miaerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 pm

cht2wenty4 wrote:nag ingay rin yun brakes ko before ako mag 1k pms.. nilinis lang nila tapos ok na ulit.. pero may narinig akong rattling soound before ako mag 5k pms.. kala ko sa engine so pinachekup ko.. and ang maingay pala is un exhaust sa ilalim mejo maluwag.. so ginawan lang nila ng paraan, dinagdagan lang ng bushing tapos sabi sakin observe ko muna kasi pag nagingay pa rin daw papalitan na yung buong exhaust system(manifold to muffler). and napansin ko lang ulit kagabi na maingay pa rin pag naka idle, same pa rin un rattling sound as before.. i'm in my 7+++km, Shall i wait for my 10k pms o dalin ko na agad sa mantrade?

The rattling sound is actually caused by the heat sink which is connected to the body of the GL, separating it from the muffler. I discovered this problem when I was closing the doors a couple of months ago. What I did was to slide underneath to check the clearance of the heat sink from the body. It so happens that the clearance is so close that a minor hump will immediately cause the heat sink to vibrate and hit the body in the process. The solution is actually very easy and a DIY can fix it real quick. Make sure to do this before you use your GL since the heat sink will be very hot if you do it after using the vehicle. What I did was to pull one side (near the wheel) of the heat sink and bend it a bit downwards to increase the clearance. This solved my GL's muffler rattling problem. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Lydemer wrote:
cht2wenty4 wrote:nag ingay rin yun brakes ko before ako mag 1k pms.. nilinis lang nila tapos ok na ulit.. pero may narinig akong rattling soound before ako mag 5k pms.. kala ko sa engine so pinachekup ko.. and ang maingay pala is un exhaust sa ilalim mejo maluwag.. so ginawan lang nila ng paraan, dinagdagan lang ng bushing tapos sabi sakin observe ko muna kasi pag nagingay pa rin daw papalitan na yung buong exhaust system(manifold to muffler). and napansin ko lang ulit kagabi na maingay pa rin pag naka idle, same pa rin un rattling sound as before.. i'm in my 7+++km, Shall i wait for my 10k pms o dalin ko na agad sa mantrade?

The rattling sound is actually caused by the heat sink which is connected to the body of the GL, separating it from the muffler. I discovered this problem when I was closing the doors a couple of months ago. What I did was to slide underneath to check the clearance of the heat sink from the body. It so happens that the clearance is so close that a minor hump will immediately cause the heat sink to vibrate and hit the body in the process. The solution is actually very easy and a DIY can fix it real quick. Make sure to do this before you use your GL since the heat sink will be very hot if you do it after using the vehicle. What I did was to pull one side (near the wheel) of the heat sink and bend it a bit downwards to increase the clearance. This solved my GL's muffler rattling problem. Very Happy

I had the rear door checked for possible sources of noise and it so happens when I tapped at the door, there were rattles that reverberated inside the vehicle. This explains some of the noises that still persisted even when the heat shield was fixed, thinking that it came from the items I stashed inside the trunk. The culprit was that the door lock mounting had a small insulator placed in-between it and the door. It was so small that it hit the door, causing the vibration triggered by small bumps on the road. To fix it, the mechanic from Nissan Shaw placed a larger insulator behind the mounting and that fixed the noise from the rear door. Kudos to the mechanics of Nissan Shaw who never stopped until they found and fixed the problem. The SA informed me that this will be reported to Nissan plant for rectification.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down