Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment

+2
badtoy
sphinx
6 posters

Go down

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment Empty Dirt coming inside the engine compartment

Post  sphinx Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Is there any one of you notice this in your GL's right side of the engine compartment, on top of the front fender? See photo attached. Pumapasok yung putik sa gilid which is very much annoying dahil dumudumi yung loob, baka pagmulan pa ng rust. Meron ba ang GL nyo o baka sa akin lang? Baka meron na kayong nagawang solusyon dito para hindi pumasok yung putik. Pa-share naman po. Thanks.

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment Engine11

sphinx

Back to top Go down

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment Empty Re: Dirt coming inside the engine compartment

Post  badtoy Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 pm

check ko nga sakin. I havent noticed this yet though naka ilang neses na rin ako nagdrive sa ulan
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment Empty Re: Dirt coming inside the engine compartment

Post  zbrando Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 am

I just checked my engine yesterday and yes I also noticed the dirt on that area. Haven't check kung san nanggagaling, nagmamadali na kase ako.
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am

The picture is actually the other side of the fender splash guard. There is a small gap between the splash guard and fender well that allows dirt and mud to go through the gap and leak towards the area you see here. It's actually an eye sore since dirt can creep into the engine bay especially now it is rainy season. It's worth mentioning to our SA's and see if they can find a way to cover up the gap or if not another DIY work. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  sphinx Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm

I think it would be better if we are going to list down all the concerns such as this so that all of these can be brought up to Nissan guys by the time we had a meeting with them in their plant, baka ma pressure pa natin sila na ayusin nila itong mga ito for free kahit wala na sa warranty yung unit.

sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm

For those still experiencing this, try to check the clips under the front driver side wheel well. Baka may natanggal na clips under that plastic covering. Ive found out na may natanggal na clip kaya pumapasok yun dirt and mud
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:11 pm

i noticed this before already but i didn't pay too much attention since normal lang naman na me papasok na dirt kahit papano pero kanina while i was cleaning the car i noticed na ang dami na niya and putik na namuo na. i decided to check on it na, here's what i notice...

aside from sir badtoy's suggestion about the clips, which im pretty sure that it did not just fell off Very Happy kungdi wala talgang clips yung mga butas. hehehe...

i noticed na meron ngang gap dun sa splash guard and body ng GL natin. since hindi na mapapalitan ng casa yun at most likely eh gagawan lang naman din nila ng paraan, i decided to cover it na lang using a duct tape. basta tinakpan ko lang yung mga pagitan. obserbahan ko kung mababawasan yung dirt na pumapasok.

mukhang gamit na gamit yung duct tape sa GL natin, hahaha!!
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm

nireklamo ko yun dirt coming in the engine bay sa Mantrade kaya sila rin nakakita na may kulang na clip dun. I guess lumabas ng planta yun GLs natin na wala talagang clip dun kaya pumapasok yun putik. Nn nilagyan nila ng clip during my 1K PMS, aba gulat ako siningil pa ako ng mantrade ng 40 pesos for that clip na wala naman dun in teh first place.

pero ok lang at least wala ng talsik ng putik behind the fusebox sa enginebay. Kahit hindi na lagyan ng cover yun gaps sa plastic fender lining
badtoy
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:31 pm

^^

hahaha, akalain mong singilin ka pa sa clips. check mo ulit sir, me malaking gap kasi dun sa splash guard and body ng GL natin. yun yung area kung saan mas pumapasok yung putik papunta sa fusebox.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Here's what Nissan Iloilo did:

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 11252010

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 11252011

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 11252012

Sorry. Medyo malabo ang mga pictures. Sa unang tingin, hindi mo makita ang tinapal. "Gum" ang tawag nila. It's a rubbery substance na adhesive.

steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  sphinx Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I complained it to nissan westgate during my GL's 5K PMS and what they did is just to cover it with foam. parang ang pangit lang tignan dahil pa-tapal tapal lang ang solution ng nissan, quite disappointing on our part as owners.

sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi guys.

I just arrived from Boracay. I had a detour to Roxas City, Capiz to see a friend. That's about a total of 650 kms. of road. Ang lakas pa ng ulan sa Roxas City. The good news is that the "gum" fix appears to be working. No dirt in the engine compartment. These are its pictures when I got home. The dirt is minimal.

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 11292010

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 11292011
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:06 am

Hi guys, just a noob question po. Have you had your GL undercoated when you got them? A friend once told me when we were at a car wash that he notice my GL's underchassis to be clear of undercoat. I have not done this yet since it was at that time less than a year old and the rustproofing should be sufficient at that time to ward of evil rust from water spills and splashes. Then he told me na "madami pang singaw yan sa ilalim pag ganyan, baka dyan din pumapasok unwanted dirt/mud and dirty air from outside. though may not be directly to the cabin but to crevices in between".

So i was thinking of having mine undercoated with 3M coating before the end of this year. What do you guys think? because when i checked the undercoat material when i inquired on a shop near our place, para syang rubbery and sticky or kung tawagin ng lolo ko eh "alkitran" ba yun.

Just came back yesterday from casa to have my 20k pms, and will post the doings on the other topic/thread. Anyway, I had it estimated at nissan westgate alabang, and they gave me a 6k pesos quote, kasama na labor and underwash, need to leave GL for 2 days para matuyo yung coat. Outside casa, i had it estimated at 4k pesos. But my confidence goes to my casa. Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 pm

asked the same question to my dealer, he said na "hindi na daw kailangan" since coated na yan ng planta. so i guess depende na sa owner. personally parang gusto ko din... if ever na papagawa ko ito, malamang sa labas kasi mas madumi pa gumawa ang mga casa at overpriced pa...

anyway, lets create a new post for this one..
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi guys.

Went to Boracay again yesterday. It rained a lot on the way.

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 12122010

But the dirt in the compartment issue appears to have been effectively solved by the "gum" solution (see my previous post in this thread).
Here's the picture of the engine compartment when I got home:

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 12122011

Dirt coming inside the engine compartment 12122012
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down