Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

airvent/smoke issue

+10
willow
Lydemer
badtoy
steel pulse
aln
chualie
marckd1
real_renz
eggy_reyes
yoogix
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

airvent/smoke issue - Page 2 Empty Re: airvent/smoke issue

Post  Lydemer Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 pm

steel pulse wrote:
eggy_reyes wrote:april 2010 po yug livina ko and issue pa rin itong outside odor na pumapasok sa cabin.

ayaw ko muna ipagawa kasi mukhang unproven yung mga methods or solutions na ginagawa so far.

isipin nyo nalang, kung di maresolve ng planta on their new units... casa pa kaya?

@eggy_reyes:

Sir in one of the threads I was suggesting the fix done by Nissan Iloilo on my GL as regards this issue: Reduce the length of the airvent cable to effective close the vent. It worked for me since about August 2008 until today. So, the bottomline is, depende sa skills ng mga taga casa. Just my thoughts.

+1 here, it really depends sa skills ng mga technicians sa casa and of course the explanation from your respective SA's. Before having it done by the casa people at Nissan Shaw, I had a long discussion with my SA regarding the fix and according to him, his technicians have already resolved 3 units with the same issue which means there has been steps done by Nissan to rectify it and has worked. As frustrating as it seems, it is up to us owners to help and get the message across about this inconvenience and how dangerous it is for us to inhale toxic fumes emitted by vehicles while inside our car. The customer feedback program makes manufacturers aware of issues with their products, rectify it and enable them to build better cars in the future. I had tried several fixes recommended by casa twice before having this final fix as an option which took around 2 years worth bearing the inconvenience. Between those times I had to distance my GL 1 car length in order to reduce the probability of inhaling exhaust fumes which really was an inconvenience for me, my passengers and the other motorists behind me. At the end of the day, I think the fix really did help and its worth sharing in this thread. So I encourage everyone with issues like this to take the recommendations seriously especially when the car is still under warranty. Smile
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm

@lydemer,

nauna ka na pala sa akin, baka sa Friday pa ako makapag-schedule. sana matapos na din at mawala ang smoke issue na yan...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 pm

aln wrote:@lydemer,

nauna ka na pala sa akin, baka sa Friday pa ako makapag-schedule. sana matapos na din at mawala ang smoke issue na yan...

Yup, sana maayos na rin issue ng GL mo. I'm glad to report that on the 3rd day and ok pa rin....still no smoke coming from the outside. My wifey confirmed that since she is more sensitive than me when it comes to sense of smell. Seems the solution the technician did on my GL worked.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:40 pm

that's nice to hear. if naging ok din sa akin pwede na nating sabihin solved na yung issue ng airvent Very Happy
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:15 pm

aln wrote:that's nice to hear. if naging ok din sa akin pwede na nating sabihin solved na yung issue ng airvent Very Happy

Sir methinks solved na yan. Yan na ang final fix. After more than 2 years and and about 47,000 kms the fix still works for me. I can safely say that as to me, it's a closed issue. Or, a closed aircon vent, for that matter. He he he... Wink
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 pm

just an update, i told my SA about the airvent issue recurring on my GL. and advised about the adjustments made by nissan illoilo for steel pulse's GL. I was not halfway on my story when my SA (westgate alabang) smiled and cut me short sa story by saying "sir meron na po fix dyan, we just need to adjust the switch kasi di lumalapat yung flapper".

issue resolved Smile no more bad air comming from outside. just my baby's pupu' smell pag inabutan sa kotse hahahaha Smile

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 am

That's great news Sir, Congrats finally na resolve din yan problem nyo na yan, we know it's been bothering you for quit sometimes now. Great job Loopers!! cheers
chualie
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:58 am

@yoogix:

As the Pacman said: "You know." He he he... Good thing umabot din sa SA mo ang advice ng NMPI. Congrats sir. No more "aburido" driving.
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  willow Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm

yoogix wrote:just an update, i told my SA about the airvent issue recurring on my GL. and advised about the adjustments made by nissan illoilo for steel pulse's GL. I was not halfway on my story when my SA (westgate alabang) smiled and cut me short sa story by saying "sir meron na po fix dyan, we just need to adjust the switch kasi di lumalapat yung flapper".

issue resolved Smile no more bad air comming from outside. just my baby's pupu' smell pag inabutan sa kotse hahahaha Smile

sir gaano po katagal nila ginawa yung airvent niyo?

willow

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:46 pm

@willow, it really depends on your dealer sir. but normally it will still take them around two hours minimum.
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  manok Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

just want to add sana to the loopers who've had their aircon vent issues "resolved". Yung sakin kasi, I had it fixed in Nissan Westgate, using the shortening cable solution like the other loopers had done. While I can't smell the smoke coming from nearby (or in front) na tricyles/jeeps, etc, napansin ko na hndi pa ata fully resolved yung sakin.

I say this kasi there's this part in c5 (near the tollgate if you've just entered c5 coming from SLEX, na meron part na laging may usok (i think forever nagsisiga sa lugar na yun). Whenever I pass there every morning with windows closed, aircon on, naamoy ko pa rin yung usok when I pass through/inside the cloud of smoke.

I also notice this when there's a jeep in front of me na medyo mausok, tapos biglang nag rev (which blows out a big cloud of black smoke) from its exhaust, ayun, naamoy yung usok sa loob ng cabin ng GL.

Has anybody experienced this after they've had the fix done to their GLs?

Thanks!

manok

Back to top Go down

Post  willow Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:47 pm

I also had westgate alabang fixed my airvent system. nung una walang smell coming in pero nung malaunan eh meron na ulit. Iniwan ko pa ng 1 week yung GL namin sa kanila di rin nila na fix. kaya ko gustong malaman kung gaano katagal kasi baka sabihin na 2 days na naman katagal.

thanks for the reply sir

willow

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 pm

same problem with mine, ang ginawa sa akin sa Shaw eh instead of the shortening of the cable me inipit lang sila na karton sa pagitan ng air vent and firewall dun sa dashboard. sabi kasi nila eh pwede din daw yun, so pumayag ako. after ilang days, ayun pasok na ulit. kaya papagawa ko na yung sa cable sa pagbalik ko sa 20k pms ko...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  ultramagnus Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

no luck din with mine. after the third attempt to fix the problem, mukang na-resolve na. wala na kaming naamoy for a few days. i really didn't ask na what they did kasi importante sakin nawala na yung issue. however, after about a week, meron na naman kaming naamoy. pero this time, intermittent, meaning walang specific situation na siguradong meron kaming maamoy. minsan nakatutok kami sa isang smoke belcher pero wala. minsan naman free flowing traffic with no vehicle too near per may naamoy kami. will have to return it again then hope and pray that they resolve it finally.
ultramagnus
ultramagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  zbrando Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 am

Same with my GL, hindi pa din nareresolve ung problem na to. Does anyone here na totally naresolved ung air vent issue ng GL nila?

Sana meron....
zbrando
zbrando

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 am

zbrando wrote:Same with my GL, hindi pa din nareresolve ung problem na to. Does anyone here na totally naresolved ung air vent issue ng GL nila?

Sana meron....

i think one is sir steel pulse
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  real_renz Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:58 am

ung sa akin pinagawa ko na sa NQave ung air vent.. ini-adjust nila ung cable..

pero dahil may discussion pa don tsikot na hindi pa rin masyadong effective.. may nag post don na dapat takpan pa rin ung butas ng filter na pinapasukan ng hangin sa may harap. ginawa ko un ka wala na ako naamoy na usok na pumapasok
real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 am

real_renz wrote:ung sa akin pinagawa ko na sa NQave ung air vent.. ini-adjust nila ung cable..

pero dahil may discussion pa don tsikot na hindi pa rin masyadong effective.. may nag post don na dapat takpan pa rin ung butas ng filter na pinapasukan ng hangin sa may harap. ginawa ko un ka wala na ako naamoy na usok na pumapasok

Meaning, you have no working air filter?
steel pulse
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  manok Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:03 pm

mukang marami pa rin pala may issue with the airvent after supposedly being "resolved" by our dealers. akala ko ako lang. haay, this is what makes me so disappointed with my GL, it would have been good na sana. Hopefully someone can finally find a dealer that can really resolve this issue.

manok

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm

eggy_reyes wrote:april 2010 po yug livina ko and issue pa rin itong outside odor na pumapasok sa cabin.

ayaw ko muna ipagawa kasi mukhang unproven yung mga methods or solutions na ginagawa so far.

isipin nyo nalang, kung di maresolve ng planta on their new units... casa pa kaya?

allow me to reiterate this.... kung di maresolve ng planta on their new units... casa pa kaya? The dealers will not spend money on R&D kaya wag tayo dapat umasa. all they can do are workarounds and not real solutions. but unfortunately there is no proven "remedy" yet on this issue.

btw, "parang" nawala yung issue na ito sa unit ko when i had my micro filter cleaned during 10K pms. the microfilter was reused after cleaning but the so-called SA at NGO told me di talaga pwede pero when he saw na nagawa naman ang paglinis and reuse of the microfilter his excuse was "nilagayan nalang daw ng insulation" i just said okay because i didnt want to hear more BS from him. If that was true na may insulation na yung reused micro-filter ko, well it had a positive effect as outside odor seemed to lessen or nawala na talaga. This is no solution... because it's not proven... ni hindi ko nga pingawa yung issue eh. just sharing.

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  real_renz Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Ito ung sinasabi ko na tinakpan ko..

airvent/smoke issue - Page 2 Inlets10

real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:24 pm

^^
this was the first solution the dealers suggested which most of the owners here applied. medyo nawala yung smoke pero meron pa din. then second solution was the adjustment of the cable which i think came from NMPI na ata.

dun naman sa filter, me point naman yung cleaning or replacement of the filter. hmm, made me think about sir chualie's post regarding dun sa filter wherein meron daw suggestion yung shop na pinag-palinisan nya ng aircon. hanapin ko muna yung post niya...
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  real_renz Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

sir pres..

un sa akin ginawa ko pareho.. kaya wala na ako naamoy.. dapat siguro gawin pareho ng iba..
real_renz
real_renz

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:47 pm

went back to Shaw yesterday to have it fixed, hinigpitan na daw nila yung flapper and they put additional tape on the firewall. haven't checked the tape yet and hindi pa ako natapat sa jeep kaya hindi pa ako sure kung totally wala na. sana nga wala na, para makapag-pakabit na ako ng bagong radyo Twisted Evil
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  aln Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 pm

so far ok pa naman, natapat na ako sa jeep saka delivery truck na mausok at wala pa naman akong naamoy sa loob..
aln
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next