Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

airvent/smoke issue

+10
willow
Lydemer
badtoy
steel pulse
aln
chualie
marckd1
real_renz
eggy_reyes
yoogix
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

airvent/smoke issue - Page 3 Empty Re: airvent/smoke issue

Post  Sherlock Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:18 am

I just read this whole thread and I have to agree that there's still no complete fix for this airvent / smoke smell issue. I also have the same problem with my car. I'm beginning to speculate that it may be a combination of issues. We've already seen some fixes involving the whole dashboard, aircon vent, and short cables. I'm wondering though if the theory of the first poster of this thread (sir Yoogix) has been looked into by the casas out there (i.e. smell coming from the underchassis)? He made some pretty good observations and I'm beginning to observe the same things in my car.

Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 am

Sherlock wrote:I just read this whole thread and I have to agree that there's still no complete fix for this airvent / smoke smell issue. I also have the same problem with my car. I'm beginning to speculate that it may be a combination of issues. We've already seen some fixes involving the whole dashboard, aircon vent, and short cables. I'm wondering though if the theory of the first poster of this thread (sir Yoogix) has been looked into by the casas out there (i.e. smell coming from the underchassis)? He made some pretty good observations and I'm beginning to observe the same things in my car.

The vents shown in the picture actually has something to do with the issue since this is where all the outside air enters before the flapper. The flaw is actually how the holes are positioned which is simply a cut in the firewall and likewise air can easily enter it. I have seen the design in my old sentra wherein an additional scoop is attached to the firewall which lets air in but vertically positioned (like a smokestack) as against horizontal which is the case of the GL. In addition, the hole had a filter on top so it simply filters the air that comes in the cabin. Closing this hole actually seals any air intrusion and adjustment of the flapper acts a secondary defense just in case the unwanted air comes in. Hope this explanation helps.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherlock Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 am

Lydemer wrote:
Sherlock wrote:I just read this whole thread and I have to agree that there's still no complete fix for this airvent / smoke smell issue. I also have the same problem with my car. I'm beginning to speculate that it may be a combination of issues. We've already seen some fixes involving the whole dashboard, aircon vent, and short cables. I'm wondering though if the theory of the first poster of this thread (sir Yoogix) has been looked into by the casas out there (i.e. smell coming from the underchassis)? He made some pretty good observations and I'm beginning to observe the same things in my car.

The vents shown in the picture actually has something to do with the issue since this is where all the outside air enters before the flapper. The flaw is actually how the holes are positioned which is simply a cut in the firewall and likewise air can easily enter it. I have seen the design in my old sentra wherein an additional scoop is attached to the firewall which lets air in but vertically positioned (like a smokestack) as against horizontal which is the case of the GL. In addition, the hole had a filter on top so it simply filters the air that comes in the cabin. Closing this hole actually seals any air intrusion and adjustment of the flapper acts a secondary defense just in case the unwanted air comes in. Hope this explanation helps.

Yup, thanks. I'll certainly have these issues checked next time I go to the casa. I suppose that sealing the hole will no longer allow outside air to come inside the cabin via the aircon vents? Well, not many use this feature anyway, so probably not a big issue.

Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3