Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heat from under hand brake

3 posters

Go down

heat from under hand brake Empty heat from under hand brake

Post  pistolero Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I recently noticed that the area below the handbrake is getting warm for comfort when driving, i noticed this during stop and go traffic along edsa
and i just find it odd that, that area would be noticeably warm since i have my aircon on and the interior was cool.

Has anybody ever noticed this too ? My Ride is Livina ELITE.

pistolero

Back to top Go down

heat from under hand brake Empty Re: heat from under hand brake

Post  Bin Diesel Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 am

never noticed na umiinit yung handbrake ko or yung area na yun. i always put my cp and wallet in that area kaya alam ko na hindi siya umiinit. i have no idea as well what could cause that area to heat up except for the catalytic converter, maybe you can start with that.
Bin Diesel
Bin Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am

Normally the heat coming from the exhaust system (especially the catalytic converter) would normally raise the temperature of the under body of the vehicle. Heat emitting from the under body may at times seep in through the hand brake mechanism (as there is no insulation here). When the aircon is on, your body temperature would normally drop due to direct exposure to cool air and likewise a rise in temperature coming from any component may seem a bit too much once exposed to it. Just the same have the bracket clearances of the exhaust system checked. There is a possibility that the system may be a bit too close to the under body causing the more than usual rise in temperature.
Lydemer
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down